Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

********STAFF ROOM*********

(52 Posts)
MaureenMcGonagall Fri 13-Jul-07 07:35:41

Hurrah! Its Friday! Dd's coming home tonight. At the moment I can't wait to see her, but I', sure it won't last long once she's in! She'll be tired and grumpy within the hour, I bet!
I've actually got cm duties today, for the first time since Monday. Just the one 3 year old - easy work! I'd like to say its been an easy week, but I'd much rather have been minding actually. Its our party tomorrow and I still haven't decorated the cake. I might make a little cake and get mindee to decorate that whilst I do the big one!
Help yourself to the tea and coffee and I'll make some cakes for here too later!

Shoshable Fri 13-Jul-07 07:42:55

talking of making cakes just thought father is comingfr the weekend today and have none in, that is what happens when you are dieting and DH is away, so guess mindees and I will be baking today.

MaureenMcGonagall Fri 13-Jul-07 07:48:24

Today is hence forth known as baking day! I'd love to post you a picture of the cake I'm doing today, but its got the school logo on it, so it would make it a bit obvious who I was! Maybe, since I know who all you are, I'll put it on and take it off when there's people in the staff room. I'll show you some of my others too, I make birthday cakes for quite a lot ofkids round here!

Shoshable Fri 13-Jul-07 07:50:29

Mo just add us to your mates then only those you want to see your profile can.

I hate baking, I used to love cooking, but taught DH how to cook, he got better than me, so does it all when he is home, I have got so out of the habit, now find it a chore.

mumlove Fri 13-Jul-07 08:12:26

Morning everyone, All this talk of cakes is not very good for the waist, but can I order 1 for next friday, 1 - 12th october 1 - 14th december because I cannot cook anything without burning it!!

Weather here today is drying up but still grey clouds, if anyone has some sun I'm on my way.

mumlove Fri 13-Jul-07 08:25:15

OK take back the weather, it's drizzling again just in time for the school run.

LoveMyGirls Fri 13-Jul-07 08:28:14

Morning ladies!!

It's friday! Got a playdate today and hopefully a lady coming to see me this afternoon! (wont hold my breath) I feel shattered, didn't sleep well, kept having dreams about spiders!

I'm not baking today - trying to lose weight and we did baking on wednesday.

Anyone anuy ideas on what to do for dinner later though? I'm thinking spag bol but its abit boring!

nannynick Fri 13-Jul-07 08:38:14

Just got up - it's nice not having to be up by 6.30am. I'm on my long summer break from my nanny job now, so plan for today is to see the Harry Potter movie and probably get my hair cut.

Cakes - I made the simple Children's Cake yesterday, with the help of 2 year old who loves to help stir. It's a Delia recipe.

Katymac Fri 13-Jul-07 09:01:20

Morning - we might bake today

I've only got 1 baby today so very quiet

The this afternoon I have borrowed one so that when I am judged for that award I have some children at least

dmo Fri 13-Jul-07 09:13:14

cant believe all your children have left Katymac
hope you get some new children soon

Katymac Fri 13-Jul-07 09:17:01

I do wonder if it has to do with the c/mer I employed that left & set up by herself

But I keep reminding myself to be less selfish

MaureenMcGonagall Fri 13-Jul-07 09:21:40

Right, can you let me know if any of you can see my pictures. I've set it to mates only, but don't know if its working. Off to get eggs now, so that mindee can make cakes, then she can decorate hers, whilst I get on with decorating mine.

saltireslytherin Fri 13-Jul-07 09:21:40

Yes maureen, you can list people as your "mates" in the mym mumsnet section, so that only those you list can access photo and I think your profile!

<sits back to see if I'm a mate>

crace Fri 13-Jul-07 09:38:11

I'm a mate, I'm a mate!!

Seriously those cakes are something else! Thought about doing professionally?

Katy, I am sorry, hopefully things will turn around very quickly as they always seem to do.

Nick - what do you do for the summer?

Busy day 'round here until 3.30 anyway so will pop on later!

nannynick Fri 13-Jul-07 09:38:33

I see the cakes - love the Ghost Tower

nannynick Fri 13-Jul-07 09:42:38

This summer I've decided to not bother with nursery temping. Instead I am helping at my local Children's Centre, assisting with mostly the children with autism who attend their summer playscheme and need a higher adult:child ratio. It is a voluntary position, though with luck if it goes well, then it could lead to a paid position for next year (if the centre can get the funding of course).

I'm also going on Holiday - CentreParcs Longleat (with a family I babysit for), so quite relaxing but a little bit of work here and there. I get bored too easily if I'm not doing anything, so with luck this will work out well for me, and them.

MaureenMcGonagall Fri 13-Jul-07 10:05:27

Thanks. I haven't got TIME to do it professionally crace! Friends and family only tbh. I put your name on as pre HP name saltire, so not sure if you could see them. I've changed it now!

PinkChick Fri 13-Jul-07 10:14:35

wow, ever fel like you're doing the wrong thing..i have had 6 enquiries in the last 4 days!, one i have coming round today as i may hav space for her n oct and one from today i have said to ring me(through cis) as the days may fit in with what i currently have?...i just know cos im turning people away that all my mindees are going to give me notice today and ill have no one!

PinkChick Fri 13-Jul-07 10:18:22

oops sorry katymac, that must have seemed very insensitive, i hadnt read any of the thread before i posted..sorry chick

MaureenMcGonagall Fri 13-Jul-07 10:19:35

I really, really hate family politics! Mindee2 is from a broken home. Lives with mum and paternal grandparents collect at 4 everyother Friday. Today, as dd is back from holiday, I asked mum if she could ask grandparents to collect at 5, more convenient to me and I'm paid til 6 everyday anyway. Grandmother has just phoned to ask if they can collect him from school. She said 'is that ok with you?' So I said, well, its not up to me is it? My contract is with mum not you! So she wanted ME to phone mum, then ring her back. So I said No, its not up to me, to change arrangements, you do it! She was quite put out I think! Trouble is the two families do not get on at all and grandparetns cause all sorts of problems and I just don't want to be involved, so as far as I'm concerned, I take instructions from mum and no one else - right? Mum won't actually mind tbh, but this grandmother needs to know that she can't make arrangements with me.

MaureenMcGonagall Fri 13-Jul-07 10:23:15

Ooops! I missed one! Sorry Pinkchick. There's so many of us in here, its difficult to remember everyones names. You are now on my mates list!

PinkChick Fri 13-Jul-07 10:29:41

wow theyre fantastic!..wish i was so clever!

nightmare about you mindee, poor almb must be pushed from pillar to post..good job your there to make the days stable and happy and fun

Piksiminx Fri 13-Jul-07 10:52:16

I wanna change my name back to henniepennie, nobody knows who I am. Currently got minees doing a fish collage(SP)

MaureenMcGonagall Fri 13-Jul-07 10:58:25

Grandmother has just phoned and apologised for mucking me around! Dad has also complained to mum that I'm being difficult! Mum said, well maybe its because your father is so bloody rude and arrogant to her, she doesn't want to speak to them! Oh hum, I love my normal, boring family set up! Only 5 more hours and my baby girl will be home from holiday!

MaureenMcGonagall Fri 13-Jul-07 11:36:38

The funniest thing has just happened to me and mindee, if only you were there!
We made our cakes, but I didn't have a box so we nipped round the cake shop to get one. Mindee wanted to hold the box, which was fine, but its flat until you 'erect' it and the wind was blowing. Just as we were getting back into the car a gust of wind took the flat lid out of her hand and into the road. I then watched (a la Mrs Doubtfire) in slow motion inwardly shouting noooooooooo! as a car ran over the top if it! She now has 12 lovely little cakes to take home and a lid on the box with a tyre mark going diagonally across it!
You had to be there, I guess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now