Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Leaving pressie for nanny - what is usual sort of thing?

(11 Posts)
annetteljones Wed 11-Jul-07 11:18:07

One of my nannies is leaving at end of month, she is doing it for the nicest reasons - so my other nanny can go to 5 days when she comes back from mat leave - and I will be sorry to see her go.

What is it normal to do in terms of a leaving pressie? Have already got some little things "from my daughter" and we have made cards but what do I get her from me?

Thanks

Annette

Bink Wed 11-Jul-07 11:19:46

Depends on how long she's been with you.
eg 5 years: diamond earrings; 6 months: box of posh smellies.

Sliding scale in between!

mogs0 Wed 11-Jul-07 13:27:53

Ooh, diamond earrings? Yes please!!!

Has she another job to go to? If not, maybe a cash bonus?

MaureenMcGonagall Wed 11-Jul-07 13:33:06

I know I keep going on about this but I just think its the most beautiful thing! Just look at the words - it says it all imho!

eleusis Wed 11-Jul-07 17:08:35

Diamond earing?

annetteljones Wed 11-Jul-07 20:02:04

She's been with me for under a year so I doubt I'll go as far as the diamond jewelry!

nannyj Wed 11-Jul-07 20:23:01

Spa day? or nice luxurious smellies?

HufflepuffCushion Wed 11-Jul-07 20:27:14

A nice photo frame with a photo of your DDD?

HufflepuffCushion Wed 11-Jul-07 20:27:31

DD

MrsScavo Wed 11-Jul-07 20:29:03

One family I worked for planted a rose bush I had choosen in their garden to remember me. I was soooo touched.

A framed photo of your children?

In my last nanny job I was given a day at Champneys,.... that was fab!

annetteljones Wed 11-Jul-07 21:20:34

Going to go for spa day / smellies option I think. Liked the photo frame thing too but varied it a bit and have just ordered a teddy in a little t-shirt with "thank you for looking after me, I'll miss you" and a photo of DD on it. Hope she doesn't read this board and apoil the surprise?

Thanks again everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now