Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders help please!!!

(14 Posts)
cheekychaps Tue 10-Jul-07 13:37:48

I've been registered for over a month now, and I still haven't got any mindees. I've advertised everywhere. If I don't get anything soon I will be looking for another job. Any ideas?

hertsnessex Tue 10-Jul-07 13:39:16

have you made contacts with local preschool/nurseries - could be a good avenue for contacts.

advertise at local shops/magazines

cheekychaps Tue 10-Jul-07 13:54:02

The few calls that i've had are from mums that haven't actually made a definite decision to go back to work. I've always been reassuring and not pushy, but I can't live on if's and maybe's. I just wondered if it's a quiet time of year and whether anyone else is having the same trouble.

looneytune Tue 10-Jul-07 13:59:45

I'll bump up the advertising tips thread for you.......

cheekychaps Tue 10-Jul-07 14:07:40

Katymac Tue 10-Jul-07 14:25:42

Very quiet time of year

ThePrisoner Tue 10-Jul-07 18:23:41

Very quiet year really!

PinkChick Wed 11-Jul-07 10:26:51

where are you living?, are you on childcare plus website?, emergency childcare website?,, get some free business cards printed from and hand them stick them everywhere, local shops, dcos surgeries schools, speak to local schools and let them know who you are what you do.hth

cheekychaps Wed 11-Jul-07 12:37:50

I'm in Maidstone, i've just printed some business cards and going to ask estate agents if they would take them. I'm on pretty much everything, other childminders in my area also have vacancies at the moment so we're all trying to help each other. It just would be nice to get started. I'll try childcare plus. Thanks

tigersmum Wed 11-Jul-07 15:37:44

Quiet, you have got to be kidding. I just wish it was. I have had requests for places every day for the last few weeks and just hate saying no.

cheekychaps Wed 11-Jul-07 15:40:48

Where are you????????

tigersmum Wed 11-Jul-07 16:19:02

cheekychaps Wed 11-Jul-07 16:33:48

I should move!!

chel86 Wed 11-Jul-07 18:42:09

I did the same as you when I first registered and advertised everywhere, but it still took me 5 months before I got my first mindee. Just persevere. Once people know you're a childminder the calls will come through. A good idea to emphasise that you provide school holiday on adverts as it's the time of year!

I stuck a big advert with a couple of business cards pinned to a notice board outside the local playgroup/school and that got me a lot of enquiries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now