Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

*****************GooooodMorrrrning!!!! Staff Room is open!**************************

(22 Posts)
MaureenMLove Mon 09-Jul-07 06:24:41

Look at me, its only 6.25am!
Hope everyone had a good weekend and are ready for the coming week.
DD is off to Devon in an hour with the school and like the 'bad' mummy I am, Iforgot to get her some magazines to read on the 6 hour trip, so I'm off to the newsagents in a minute!
I'm in for a pretty easy week this week. Mindee baby on holiday and another one is away with dd.
See you after breakfast!

nannynick Mon 09-Jul-07 06:26:05

With luck I have a shorter week this week. Though alas I have eldest child around as he finished school last week.

Shoshable Mon 09-Jul-07 06:44:10

I have a easy start new baby doesnt start till next week, mindee1 off today, mondee4 on a late start just got to get DGD off to school and a quite morning.

Bandofmothers came for the weekend, and we had a great time Monkeyworld on Saturday and yesterday on Sandbanks Beach, it was glorious weather too.

crace Mon 09-Jul-07 07:03:07

Good morning nothing! YAWN

Easy peasy week, but lots going on with ds school. Weather was absolutely fab wasn't it?!

Mo - how long is dd away for?

MaureenMLove Mon 09-Jul-07 07:16:22

She's away til Friday. Gonna have to teach the mindees how to empty the dishwasher I think, its usually dd's job! Me & dh may have to eat out all week, to save on the washing up! We could actually, no ties in the evening for 4 nights! Wow!

Shoshable Mon 09-Jul-07 07:21:53

Mo make the most of it, you could relive your yoof, going to the pub everynight

MaureenMLove Mon 09-Jul-07 07:22:14

Off to school now! Coach leaves at 8. I'm having allmy mindees dropped to me at school today over the next hour! There's no time to come back for any of them. Everyone is going to laugh at me. I'm going with dd & 1 mindee and I'll finish up with 6 mindees and no dd by 8am

mumlove Mon 09-Jul-07 07:45:07

Morning eveyone, well grey skies at the moment after a fabulous weekend. Meeting with the other childminders this morning, lets hope it stays dry.

Shosha I glad you had a great weekend, just that I couldn't make it.

LoveMyGirls Mon 09-Jul-07 08:01:55

I got a reasonably quiet day, going to a cm's house for playdate this morning then back here for lunch and dds nap, then to entertain mindee until he goes at 1.30pm (bit of a shock as he usually naps with dd but his mum has asked that he drops his nap so he sleeps longer in the mornings)

then potter and have lunch until dd2 wakes then do school run pick up dd1 and mindee, take mindee home at 5.30ish then i can tidy up have dinner and relax!

LoveMyGirls Mon 09-Jul-07 08:07:03

Oh and if any of you can think of a reasonable way to ask if mindees mum could make sure she wipes all the dried on, bedtime snot off his face before he arrives, that would be very helpful. She can't possibly not notice, i just dont get why along with dressing and nappy changing you wouldn't give hands and face a wipe/ wash? What's that all about?

saltire Mon 09-Jul-07 08:39:35

Well my day just gets worse. I have DS1 who is currently on a mission to waken the house between 5 and 6 am every day -he's 9, it wouldn't be so bad if he was a toddler.
He and his brother are also on a mission to kill each other. I am so fed up of the fighting and hitting and arguing. DS2 has just thrown a glass snowglobe at his brother, who hit the globe with his hand to deflect it and it has smashed against the wall - glass,water and glitter all over the bed, big dent in the wall!.
Still on the bright side I have my introductory course for CM tomorrow night

MaureenMLove Mon 09-Jul-07 11:04:10

Blimely Saltire! What's he playing at? Is he is still feeling a bit unsettled since the move or is he just too excited to sleep? I doesn't help when the sun is up at about 4 in the morning does it? Maybe its time to invest in blackout blinds! Glad you've got your cm course starting tomorrow, lets hope its not going to take too long.
Has anyone seen Fifi lately? I know her boys have broken up already, but I'm not sure I can wait until September to see how she is feeling!

mumlove Mon 09-Jul-07 12:21:02

Had a lovely morning with my CM group and it stayed dry. Just sat down for lunch and the heavens have opened. Made arrangements to meet up with the group over the hols so that will be good.

saltire glad your course starts tomorrow, can they fast track any of it?

MaureenMLove Mon 09-Jul-07 12:30:48

I'm pining for my dd already and she's not even in Devon yet! How silly am I? She's been away with Guides and Brownies before and school come to think of it. D'you what it is? Usually whereever she is these days, I can ring her on her phone, but she's not aloud it this week. This week isn't going to be as easy as I thought! (Fed up that I've got to do her chores, thats for sure. I just just had to empty the dishwasher forthe first time in almost 6 months! Told dh, that he has to generate the least amount of washing up possible, so that I can fill it back up slowly until she's back on Friday!!

crace Mon 09-Jul-07 13:14:19

Mo, I bet you are missing her - I have my son go back to America every summer to see his dad for 4 weeks and it is the second year he's done it this year. Last year was terrible ,but I am c/ming now so hopefully too busy!

Saltire- blimey is right! Wow, waaayyyy too early. Time for the drugs! Only joking (of course)

One mindee just left, one down to go early this afternoon and dd sleeping. Easy peasy day today

MaureenMLove Mon 09-Jul-07 13:25:07

My mindee has just got off my lap after doing a bit of cbeebies on on pc and he was laying on the floor pretending to be asleep and snoring, but he's fallen asleep for real!

mumlove Mon 09-Jul-07 14:14:09

MML use platic plates and cutlery then the mindees will have fun washing it up the next day.

MaureenMLove Mon 09-Jul-07 14:16:25

There's only one set back with that plan, I haven't got any mindees til Friday and she'll be back to empty it by then!! (btw - I won't really make her do her chores on the day she gets back - she'l can do it on Saturday!)

crace Mon 09-Jul-07 14:33:08

All mindees gone and now laundry calling my name until school run for ds. I love days like today!

mogs0 Mon 09-Jul-07 14:34:47

MML - use paper plates then bin them!! Hope dd has fun. I can't wait for ds (nearly 5) to go on something like that! Although, I'm sure by the time he's old enough I'll be too sad to let him go!!

Saltire - my ds gets up ridiculously early too (always by 6am) and it drives me nuts! I have been bribing him to stay in bed longer with a sticker chart but maybe your ds is too old for stickers although I'm sure he'd be up for a bit of bribery!!! As for the fighting, I don't really know what to suggest. I seem to spend most of my time refereeing 2 toddlers, I can imagine that a 9yr old and his sibling would be much harder to control, maybe bribery again?!. Glad your cm course is starting. I'm moving from england to wales at the end of the year and the woman from CIS said all I need to do is get a new CRB, have my home inspected and 2 parts of the cm course (can't remember which they are) so it's not totaly starting again.

I'm having a fairly easy day. We went to Silverstone on the weekend and I'm so knackered!! It was good fun but ds fell asleep on the floor next to the track about an hour before the race started, he slept through the whole of the red arrows display and for an hour of the race!! It was so loud, I couldn't believe he slept through it!!!

LoveMyGirls Mon 09-Jul-07 20:04:03

Saltire what about for every hour earlier than 7am he gets up then he gets an hour knocked off his bedtime? Even if it happens for a week or two he will soon learn its not as much getting up with everyone so early when they are all grumpy then going to bed just as everyone is relaxing for a happy evening iyswim?

My dd1 (almost 8) has recently been driving me up the wall with her constant attitude problem, back answering and ignoring me until i shout, warn or punish! So I have decided no more miss nice mummy and I am cracking down (with dp's reluctant support - i say reluctant because he doesnt get half the amount that i get so hes not at the end of his tether with her yet so thinks im being a touch harsh which i assure you i am not!)
Basically the gist of it is that she behaves this week and on sunday i will allow her to go out the front of the house with her friends for a bit, if shes not good i take 15mins off her bedtime everytime i have to tell her more than once if her bedtime reaches 6.30pm i start confiscating things, then on sunday we look at her reward sheet for the week and see how she's done overall, she will get rewarded if she has been mostly good if not then she will also miss out on her pocket money for the week, this will continue until i get some respect from her.

mogs0 Mon 09-Jul-07 20:34:15

LMG - That sounds like a good plan! I like the idea of putting to bed according to how early they got up. Unfortunatly, my ds can't tell the time yet and goes to bed at 6.30pm anyway through the week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now