Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Best way to find part-time, temp nanny @ short notice

(8 Posts)
annetteljones Sun 08-Jul-07 21:05:46

Just after some advice, nanny goes on 6 months maternity leave in a few weeks. I had cover planned with the week split between nannies but the Monday & Friday cover has fallen through as the person who was going to cover those days has been asked to go full-time by her main employer. Totally understand that she should honour that instead of my temp job but not sure how best to get cover at short notice.

I can't be flexible on which days as the Tues-Thurs is immovable, agencies so far have not been a mass of help. I would really like the same person for the 2 days for some consistency but would even consider 2 people. agencies have suggested using temps which means I wouldn't even be able to guarantee the same person week on week and would be very expensive (don't mind paying mergency childcare for the odd day but 2 days a week for 6 months?!?!)

Am still hoping that the nannies I know will magic someone out of thin air but realistically I know that is very unlikely!

All suggestions gratefully received.

Coolmama Sun 08-Jul-07 21:32:22

try nannyjob.com or gumtree.com - lots of people who are looking for temp jobs

anyoneoutthere Mon 09-Jul-07 07:59:57

Where abouts are you?

annetteljones Mon 09-Jul-07 12:25:06

I'm in Hertforshire - not far from Watford

Millarkie Mon 09-Jul-07 18:32:02

Agree, nannyjob.co.uk or gumtree.com (choose your local board) - also try sharingcare.co.uk and thenannysharers.co.uk.

Good luck

alibubbles Mon 09-Jul-07 19:15:09

I am am Ofsted registered childminder, my website is http://www.think-small.co.uk I am also a maternity nanny, nanny, and post natal doula. I have 21 years experience, my own 7 seater Mercedes and am totally reliable!

I have just been given notice by a client and have a space for 2 children. Can I help, I am not far from Watford and am available.

Email me for a phone number and I will see if I can help

Millarkie Mon 09-Jul-07 19:25:47

There's also someone on the nannyshare board looking for a part-time nanny job in St Albans Herts

annetteljones Mon 09-Jul-07 22:46:09

Thanks for the pointer to the person on the other board, have e-mailed her!

Also thanks for the link to your website Alison, I am really after a nanny but have dropped you an e-mail anyway in case you can help (great website BTW)

Have posted the job on nannyjob

Thanks again everyone

Annette

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now