Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

............Staff Room.............................. Thursday

(23 Posts)
Shoshable Thu 05-Jul-07 06:55:26

OK been awake since blardy 4 o'clock, its the school fair this afternoon, and DH is doing a show there, last two years he has fallen off and DGD has been mortified, she is bending my ear about it, apparently it will be just sooooooooooooooooo embarrassing if he does it again, well with the water on the field she will be lucky if they don't all fall off.

DGD came home from her adventure on the Isle of wight with the school, I have never seen so much mud on clothes, she is knackered, (don't think they went to sleep till 2) and stroppy.

But on the good side BandofMothers is coming for the weekend tomorrow, so yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

crace Thu 05-Jul-07 07:23:36

Not ideal Shosha, going to make a loooonnnngggg day for you! Hopefully it's an easier one for you.

Just dropped my son off at the train station (he's 10) for a school trip to Calais. He doesn't get back until 8pm tonight so no school run for me today but it feels weird already to not have him around. Saying that, he goes back to America to see his dad for a month in August so best get used to it.

Easy peasy day on top of that, everyone goes at mid day so it will be me and dd and a date with the park methinks!

MaureenMLove Thu 05-Jul-07 07:47:43

Morning. When does everyone break up? I know Fifi broke up yesterday, but we've got another 2 weeks yet.
Watched dd in her school production yesterday. It was absolutely wonderful! So professional with lights, scenery and stage boys moving the props whilst the lights were down! It brought a tear to my eye, when the girl playing Dorothy sang, somewhere over the Rainbow!
Got extra day work today, baby 14 mths. Nan's not well, so she's coming here instead. Got too much to do really, but the money is more important than cutting the grass! She usually sleeps for 2 hours at lunch time, so as long as the rain holds off, I might just be able to do it!

mumlove Thu 05-Jul-07 08:12:14

Morning all, Nice grey sky here again.
Just to pre warn you that on tuesday I will be wanting it wet. The school have rearranged DD sports day for then, but it's the morning and not the afternoon and we were having a party at the toddler group as they are closing. I have done a collection for the ladies that run it and was going to give it to them on tuesday. I've been going to this group since I started CM 13 years ago. So I really don't want to miss it, but also want to go to sports day!!

mumlove Thu 05-Jul-07 08:13:00

MML we break up on the 19th, got DD home for my birthday!!

LoveMyGirls Thu 05-Jul-07 08:17:52

Hi everyone,

i'm on phone to docs trying to get dd1 an appt as she has earache, she's meeting her new teacher today, i've given calpol and she is ok (not got temp etc) so should i still send her in if doc's cant see her before school?

It's actually sunny here today so far!!

KaySamuels Thu 05-Jul-07 10:55:50

Hi everyone it's lovely and sunny here too! I ran out this morning as soon as I got back from school and pegged washing out - it was strange how smug I was about completing such a tedious chore!

Baby mindee is sleeping, and ds is inspecting the dvd cabinet! I have a busy day today - 6.30am til 8.30pm. 1 mindee in morning, two in afternoon, 6 after school plus ds! Only occurs once a week tho so not too bad!

crace Thu 05-Jul-07 12:15:24

One down, one to go and then off to playdate for dd which is a novelty for us as we don't have school run for once.

Ok weather - cloudy and windy at times, but no rain so far so that is all that matters!

SOOO on Fifi watch, how's it going?

LoveMyGirls Thu 05-Jul-07 12:39:45

Both of mine are in bed {smug} my floor is covered in food and im drinking tea!

MaureenMLove Thu 05-Jul-07 12:51:17

Just back from playgroup with baby. She's had her lunch and sitting happily playing with the dolls house. Met dh on the way back from playgroup and bought a carpet for the extension! Didn't mean too tbh! It was one of those moments when we were both in the right place at the right time!
Been thinking, what are we going to do for the summer holiday? I know most of us are doing some work, but the staff room has started going quiet already. Maybe we should have a Holiday Club thread instead? What dya think? I bow to your better judgement as I wasn't here last summer, so I don't know the drill!

crace Thu 05-Jul-07 12:54:01

Instead of a daily one? Maybe a weekly one even?

Glad you got the carpet sorted Mo! 8 mins and counting and I am free free freee!!

Oh, I saw that I had TWO mentions on the holiday ideas thread. Positively glowing! Even if it was to mention that I am rubbish with England geography

MaureenMLove Thu 05-Jul-07 12:55:06

That was Fifi, not me though! Diggerland is roughly near you isn't it?

fransmom Thu 05-Jul-07 13:01:23

i made it mo! am only on lunchbreak from work tho so have to run now byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MaureenMLove Thu 05-Jul-07 13:22:08

Hi & Bye!!

crace Thu 05-Jul-07 13:29:52

It is yes, nearish... It's ok, I am useless at english geography. Maybe if I am here long enough I will get it! DH might have an offer in NY, though he just had a decent pay rise here so it will be interesting to see what happens in the very near future!

Katymac Thu 05-Jul-07 13:30:47

Hi chaps - hows it going?

MaureenMLove Thu 05-Jul-07 13:47:57

Its ok Crace, I'm pretty rubbish on US geography! Actually, I'm not that good on local geography either. DH is brilliant, he knows everywhere, but then he does a lot of driving. His knowledge of London is amazing, I only know my way around by tube stations and I've lived here for 39 and half years!
Hi Katy, hows it going?

mumlove Thu 05-Jul-07 13:52:31

Well the rain has finally got to us again. Just had a lady visit me about my monday and friday vacancies, she has to get a job because the job centre say so but she doesn't want to leave her son (very hard to talk to as she is not english). Will wait and see!!

LoveMyGirls Thu 05-Jul-07 16:18:52

Hi girls, good luck ML! Fingers crossed for you!!

It's raining here too now but we didnt get wet!

My mouth feels much better today! Hurray! That will be the antibiotics kicking in then!

LoveMyGirls Thu 05-Jul-07 16:22:41

But did i mention the sore throat i now have? One day not far from now I will feel well again Been to docs 3 times in the last few days, it's getting silly now!

Anyway I'm feeling better on the whole and much more positive!

mumlove Thu 05-Jul-07 16:44:23

LMG I am glad you are starting to get better, in a few months you will foget about it. You have given birth twice and that is alot of pain to go through!!

Lets hope the weather improves soon.

MaureenMLove Thu 05-Jul-07 16:45:58

Im positive today too - positive that I am complete fed up with mindee boys!!!! I've got brothers who are 11 & 8 and an only child who is 7. 11 & 8 wind each other up, as brothers do and 7 thinks they are both wonderful and just shouts and jumps around whenever he is with them ans 11 winds up both of them. I have tried every possible game, toy, activity, but I cannot get them to do anything quietly or like they are caged animals! I am sooo looking forward to the end of term! At least 11 won't be back in September because he's moving school!!

MaureenMLove Thu 05-Jul-07 16:47:04

I didn't mean I wanted them to be caged animals, I meant I wanted them to NOT be like caged animals!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now