Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

developmental list

(6 Posts)
shipmates Wed 04-Jul-07 14:22:52

I am looking after a 5 month old baby and thought it might be nice to keep a record of achievements/things i have done for the first time, to give to mum as a keepsake. I have started a list but wandered if anyone had any suggestions. I have the usual ones like first time rolled, sat, went in a swing,etc.

fifilou Wed 04-Jul-07 14:26:51

i keep a diary of my charges days and have done for almost 7 years...its a great keepsake.

I write it as if they were writing it so for example.....today we went to the park and * managed to get right up high on the climbing frame...........

When they were babies, i would write.......

today we played with my toys and i managed to roll right over to reach my teddy.

its a great way of communicating too, i write what theyve eaten, drank, and how theyve been generally. I also stick in little tickets to places we have visited.

(even swimming ones form when they were tiny!)

Shoshable Wed 04-Jul-07 14:26:59

ahoyyyy shipmates

fifilou Wed 04-Jul-07 14:28:44

shosh!!!!!!!!!!!! your so rude!!!!!!

Shoshable Wed 04-Jul-07 17:00:36

FiFi, shipmates was at one time going to be my DIL!!!!!!! so Im always rude to her

Anyway anyone got any answers for her?

ThePrisoner Wed 04-Jul-07 21:18:43

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I don't think you should ever say that you have seen something for the first time, particularly for major milestones like rolling over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now