Talk

Advanced search

School pick up drop off service rates

(5 Posts)
beenish Sun 10-Feb-19 21:26:05

I have been asked to do pick n drop service of 2 children one primary one in high school. I asked for £30 both ways for both children per day. Now my question is sometimes school holidays are different then what should be the rate if one child is going but another not? Its 0.8 miles from my place and to get to first school it is 2.5 miles and then another school is 1.8 miles.

OP’s posts: |
BackforGood Sun 10-Feb-19 22:10:11

So £15 per child, for both taking and fetching them from school ?
Is this just dropping / fetching them or before and after school care?

Are you going anyway ?
How much has your car insurance increased since you declared you are using it "for hire and reward" ?

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Sun 10-Feb-19 22:11:56

Are you a childminder? What do your individual contracts say?

beenish Sun 10-Feb-19 22:25:37

Its not a formal contract and I havent started it yet. No childcare before or after school. Its £ 10/child both ways. And then as two schools are in different locations so i asked for £10 for that.

OP’s posts: |
jannier Mon 11-Feb-19 07:47:52

Are you registered though? If you are then you can do this if its part of your childminding job as childminders have a dispensation from taxi rules. If your not you need to get a taxi licence.
How old are th children it would be cheaper for mum to use a taxi certainly for the older one. (this age normally take themselves by bus/walk so not sure why its needed anyway).
Who is caring for them when school is shut?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in