Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofsted registration for nannies

(5 Posts)
anyoneoutthere Tue 03-Jul-07 17:31:28

I am a nanny who is "approved" under the Surestart scheme. My approval is due to run out in a couple of months and was wandering what you need to register under Ofsted as i undersand they are taking over. Is the criteria the same?

anyoneoutthere Wed 04-Jul-07 19:28:12

bump

Surr3ymummy Thu 05-Jul-07 10:10:37

My understanding is that the service will be handed over to Ofsted, and will run along the same lines.

Surestart are passing over all the registrations to Ofsted so your reminder to renew should be sent to you automatically.

Probably worth contacting Surestart if yours runs out in a couple of months and getting the CRB started now. We're still waiting for our Nanny's CRB check to come back after 8 weeks, and she can't register and we can't pay her with childcare vouchers until it's done.

anyoneoutthere Thu 05-Jul-07 10:15:55

Is registering with Ofsted different from Surestart?

Surr3ymummy Thu 05-Jul-07 11:09:32

No,it should be the same. The scheme is owned by the government, currently run by SureStart and being moved to Ofsted.

As SureStart are running it at the moment, you should contact them to start your renewal, and they'll pass everything over to Ofsted when the changeover happens - not sure when that is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now