Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

how much will you charge after at 5.30pm the baby will stay until 8 pm?pls help.

(9 Posts)
edker Tue 03-Jul-07 16:18:20

I had an interview 3 weeks ago.
She wanted to leave the baby in the morning and collect afternoon. I have an email from her. She wants to leave her little girl afternoon and collect evening time at 8pm.
So how much you will charge for the time the baby will stay after 5pm and how will you explain her. I told her already the price for per hour honestly I can't charge the same price for evening time isn’t? Can YOU charge double or how much WILL YOU charge and how you will explain this different price.
ANY HELP PLS.
THANKS A LOT.

NannyL Tue 03-Jul-07 17:07:08

Not a childminerd but was thinking

do you want to child mind until 8pm....

If so maybe time and half...

OR would you rather not have a child /be working til 8pm.... if so maybe charge double (+?) per hour so that if she accepts its really worth your while, and if she declines then you can think 'oh well i didnt want to work until 8pm anyway'

KaySamuels Tue 03-Jul-07 17:51:02

I work evenings until 8 at the same hourly rate but these kids are much older and my ds is up anyway.

However, having a baby until this time means different things to consider. Will you be doing baby's bathtime/bedtime routine, and then mum picks up?? Will a pick up at 8pm disturb your children/your children's bedtime routine?

NannyL's suggestions on how to charge based on your convenience/inconvenience seem a good idea to me.

mumlove Tue 03-Jul-07 18:31:04

what is your normal working hours?

edker Tue 03-Jul-07 18:57:19

my working hours is 8 am till 5 pm

mumlove Tue 03-Jul-07 19:12:41

When she came to see you she would have seen that your working day finished at 5pm so I would charge her extra if you want to work that long.
I would charge at least time and a half and double time on a friday.
On the contract there should be a space for hourly rate outside of working hours.

PinkChick Tue 03-Jul-07 19:15:58

i charge £6.00 after 6.30 and £3 ful time£4 part time between 8.30am-5.30pm.
i would send her a ,list of your fees detailing your normal charge which she is pretending yove agreed to, then what you will charge 5.30 onwards.be clear from the start, give her it in black and white and stick to your guns!

Rubybees Tue 03-Jul-07 19:30:51

I'm £1.50 per quarter after my hours (8-5) so £6 per hour

Normally £3.50 per hpur during these hours HTH

edker Tue 03-Jul-07 20:01:00

I was thinking £6.50 or £7 after at 5.30 pm.
so it won't be unfair for her .
I am glad for this.
thanks for ALL ANSWERS.
YOU ALL FANTASTIC.HAVE A NICE EVENING

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now