Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Staff Room Thursday>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(38 Posts)
Shoshable Thu 28-Jun-07 06:45:14

Thought I might open up today, as actually have my broadband connection

Coffee, tea, wine anyone?

nannynick Thu 28-Jun-07 07:11:40

Coffee and Porridge (not mixed together!)

Weather looks reasonable (peering out of my kitchen window) so looks like I'm off to Legoland today. Better go shopping first to get picnic lunch ingredients.

Shoshable Thu 28-Jun-07 07:17:06

Ahh Nicl I've never been to Legoland, might see if I can go in the holidays, do you think a 11 year old going on 21 girl would still enjoy it?

Good to see you by the way

MaureenMLove Thu 28-Jun-07 07:39:23

Wine! - you lush! Although, I'm celebrating too. I managed to get rid of the virus on my pc, by my very self! DH will never know!
No kids again today, at least until after school, so I'm painting the ceiling in the extension.
Have fun at Legoland Nick!

Shoshable Thu 28-Jun-07 07:40:32

Off to soft play to tell negligent mothers to supervise their kids

mumlove Thu 28-Jun-07 07:54:30

Shosha did you get my email ok?

well today the sun has been out so far, how long will that last.
Enjoying my coffee and breakfast before taken dd to school (better get dressed first).

Have a great day everyone, not been to legoland yet, but they have one in canada so will go there if someone is good.

Shoshable Thu 28-Jun-07 07:56:13

Yes thank you ML you are a life saver

mumlove Thu 28-Jun-07 08:08:37

Great I am glad.

crace Thu 28-Jun-07 08:43:41

Coffee please! And porridge is a daily must for me too.. DH got back late late last night and I already had to tell him to roll over and stop snoring a million times, and now shattered! Oh well, I think it's nice to have him back - he's still sleeping!

Busy day today, mindees coming and going everywhere!

Shoshable Thu 28-Jun-07 08:54:08

Took Mindees swimming yesterday, 4 year old can already swim, but 16 month old who cant walk, still has arm bands and a ring, decided to try without the ring yesteray, and she was brill, she just lay back and floted when tired, she is brilliant in the water, both parents are afraid in water so where really happy that I take then swimming once a week, she is now more confident than them. But the funniest thingis although she dosnt walk on land ddoes walk in on the floor of the pool!!!

She is also a tiny tot and the life guards were in stiches at her dunking her head under and coming uo laughing, she is still in 9 month clothes so it looked so funny, and of course she played to the audience.

crace Thu 28-Jun-07 10:45:58

Oh bless her, you must have been thrilled! Our baby pool isn't shallow enough for them to walk on, you still need an adult to hold them - which is slightly rubbish really

MaureenMLove Thu 28-Jun-07 10:51:14

Right, I've finally finished painting the ceiling. Its huge and my arms are all weak! Its 4mtrs x 5mtrs! DH has gone into the office today, so I'm done. Shall I do jobs or shall I sit?
I HATE swimming with a passion! I took a mindee once, as mum had to swap a day and she bought me some flowers and said I had done something above and beyond the call of duty!! Luckily because I only have parttimers, I can get away with not taking any of them!

KbearBrockovich Thu 28-Jun-07 10:52:54

<<Kbear gatecrashes the staff room cos she's poorly sick and needs a cuppa and a pat on the head from the childminders>>

MaureenMLove Thu 28-Jun-07 10:57:34

{Mo mops KB's brow and wipes the snot off her chin!} Sorry, can't help it! Its a childminder thing. Childminders do it with a tissue, don't you know!

crace Thu 28-Jun-07 10:58:25

Mo, if you were only joking - the times I have come at my 34 year old husband with a tissue... Poor man

MaureenMLove Thu 28-Jun-07 11:00:17

Do you lick the tissue first too!

KbearBrockovich Thu 28-Jun-07 11:00:25

thanks Mo, - I can't believe I didn't go to work, I always go to work! I not well. I went to bed as soon as DCs went to bed last night. <<sniff>> DH had to make his own sarnies {shock]!!

saltire Thu 28-Jun-07 11:08:34

I've been really good today I've vacummed downstairs - and even moved the sofas! I have put a load of washing in the washing machine, and one in the dryer, cleaned tha bathroom and washed the kitchen floor.
So I deserve a cuppa.

Shosha, you're better than me., I won't even take my 2 DS swimming, never mind taking mindees. I ahve a phobia of water, and the thought of it makes me shake. Havefound out though that the base near us does swimming lessons for children on Friday nights, so DH can take the boys

fifilou Thu 28-Jun-07 11:22:00

(fifilou pokes her head around the door)

hi! just a uick pop in B! off sick, not at all well. its all very messy here.

Hes watching tv now after a zillion games of draughts,reading stories and colouring. Bless.

be back later.

MaureenMLove Thu 28-Jun-07 11:30:21

How are you this week Saltire? Have you got to know some people yet?

MaureenMLove Thu 28-Jun-07 11:32:11

How are you today Fifi? Did the run help?

MaureenMLove Thu 28-Jun-07 11:32:57

Anyone else need love and support today! I'm fine btw, if anyones interested!!

saltire Thu 28-Jun-07 11:34:47

Maureen, not really, need to email Madge, try and arrange a meet up with her. there's supposed to be a Forces wives meet up in the area sometime in August as well. All my neighbours work, every one of them, so never see them.

crace Thu 28-Jun-07 12:21:02

Nope, Mo - am good here and glad you are ok even with sore painting arms!

Fifi- how's you today.. you know we are all going to be watching you like a hawk

Saltire- that certainly sounds promising, get some stuff on the social calendar to fill in the time! I have to say I was so so lonely when I gave up work and it's just about 2 years later that I am getting in with this village. Small villages and all that!

Shoshable Thu 28-Jun-07 12:22:59

We go swimming every wednesday, its the easiest day of the week, they are fun in the water then they sleep all afternoon

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: