This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.
***** ELEUSIS CALLING************* ******************** *********
I am interviewing for the first time various nannies this week. I believe I've done my research and compile a list of questions from various sources while doing this I remembered that you mentioned you had a good list of questions which I would be very grateful if you could share with me.
A super thanks!
Oh i remember your other thread .
Hope it all goes well and you find your perfect nanny.
Where is Eleusis? Anyone knows?
Hi Chelseamum, I can help because have just this morning trawled through old threads to find them myself. I posted some online job adverts yesterday and am being inundated with responses, I think that the questions are going to be great at weeding out people who aren't really interested and makes it much easier to get through the replies. Good luck! And thank you Eleusis!!
1. Describe a typical days activities for you and the children?
2. Describe a typical weekly meal plan for the children (include breakfast, lunch, dinner and any snacks you may offer them)?
3. How would you describe your approach to discipline?
4. Do you have any degrees or diplomas in childhood education? Any degrees or diplomas in other subjects? If so, what subjects?
5. Do you speak any languages besides English? Would you teach it to the children?
6. How many hours of television do you think the children should watch each day?
7. What kinds of television programs / videos do you believe are acceptable for children?
8. Why do you want to work in England?
9. If we travel as a family within the UK, would you want to join us? What about Europe? The United States?
10. Do you smoke? If so, how much?
11. Do you have any requests in terms of the accommodation we offer you?
12. Are you an au pair / nanny now? If not, why have you decided to become one?
13. What kinds of foods do you like to eat? (Please be specific and use as much space as you need.)
14. Do you drink alcohol? If so, how much?
15. How many hours do you want to work each week?
16. Describe your experience with babies/toddlers/children.
17. Would you be willing to provide overnight care of the children (in the rare event that both parents are required to travel for work during the week)?
18. Do you have a drivers license? From what country? How long have you had it?
19. Do you own a car in the UK?
20. What do you like to do in your spare time?
21. Describe your personality?
22. What qualities make you well suited to be a nanny?
23. What is your worst habit?
24. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? fiancé/fiancée? spouse? If so, where does he live?
25. Do you know anyone in England? Friends? Family?
26. Would you take care of the children if he/she was sick? (They do not get sick a lot, I only ask as a precaution)
27. Do you have a credit card? A UK bank account?
28. Do you play any sports? Which ones? How often?
29. Can you provide a reference from a previous au pair/nanny/nursery job? If so, please attach to this questionnaire and/or provide contact information of previous employer(s).
30. How many times have you been sick in the last year? What was the illness?
31. Do you have any children? If so, what ages? Where do they live?
32. What sorts of things would you include in each entry of a nanny diary? (If it is easier to attach a sample rather than descries it here, feel free to do so)
33. Summarise your views on discipline, schedules, and routines for young children?
34. Do you wish to obtain any additional employment besides being our nanny?
35. For how long to you plan to pursue a career as a live-in nanny? What do you see yourself doing in 5 years time? In ten years time?
36. Are you available for a face-to-face interview in the United Kingdom? If so, when?
37. What is your salary expectation?
38. Are you in possession of a work visa for the United Kingdom? If so, what are the restrictions?
39. Are you able to travel to the London area by your own means?
Birdy , you are a super star!
Very much appreciated!
Sorry, I was away in rainy Norwich this weekend.
I see my questions have been posted.
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.