Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Live-in nanny welcome pack -- what is in yours?

(13 Posts)
Eleusis Fri 22-Jun-07 12:48:18

Oh jeez... I've comepletely forgotten all about the welcome pack. But it'sokay because I have two weeks to put one together. I'm thinking:

Oyster card with monthly Greater London bus pass on it.
Mobile phone with pay as you go chip and £30 on it (this is her monthly phone contribution from us)
Maps of Greater / West London
Some flowers on the coffee table
Computer rebuilt with Windows and Office XP
Maps with key locations on it (doctor, school, church, activities, etc.)
House rules

Oi... Who has a nanny who would like to hang out with mine in the summer hols somewhere in West London (Jura?!?!?!?!?!)

Today is current nanny's last day of work....

Okay, what have I forgotten???

Libra Fri 22-Jun-07 12:58:25

Welcome pack of shampoo and shower gel?

You give your nanny a coffee table? We have an au pair arriving next month, but there won't be a coffee table!! Actually, if I don't do something about it soon, there won't be a bed.
Goes off to consider shoe-horning a coffee table into the room as well.

Eleusis Fri 22-Jun-07 13:32:15

She has a single bed, some shelves, two closets, a sofa (two seater) and a coffee table. The room is pretty much her living space so I try to make it comfortable.

Eleusis Fri 22-Jun-07 13:33:25

How would I know what shampoo / shower gell to get. I might get her something she doesn't like but then will feel obligated to use.... Although shower gel might be pretty safe. Hmmmm.... yes that's a good idea.

Issy Fri 22-Jun-07 13:51:15

Thank you for reminding me of this Eleusis. We should be changing over mid-August. There is a kitchen in the aupair/nanny flat so I guess we ought to provide a starter pack of food (eggs, bread, milk, butter, jam) and drink (OJ, wine), some guides and maps for Guildford and our A-Z Nanny Guide, the amazing creation of one of our previous nannies which literally runs from Allergies to ZZZ (best time for our nanny to have a rest!).

Eleusis Fri 22-Jun-07 13:56:38

Gald to help. How are getting on this week? Have you stepped back and let DH take the reigns?

Issy Fri 22-Jun-07 13:59:31

Hmm! That hasn't quite worked, but progress has been made on the Maggie Smith front and DH and I are beginning to appreciate the humour of the situation.

MrsWobble Fri 22-Jun-07 14:01:47

My pack was pretty much the same as yours. The only other thing was a "welcome" card from the children which went down quite well.

MrsRecycle Fri 22-Jun-07 14:03:41

Pantene always seems to go down with my APs ele

jura Fri 22-Jun-07 14:08:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jura Fri 22-Jun-07 14:10:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mozhe Fri 22-Jun-07 14:12:13

What a lovely employer you are Eleusis ....<<note to self...little treat basket in Nanny's room by this evening !!>>
Sadly my nanny can't hang out with yours as we are in S.France...shame.

Eleusis Fri 22-Jun-07 14:33:42

DD was 4 in March and DS was 2 in May, so I think your DS is a better fit with DD. (of course it's a bit of a package deal as they both spend the day with the same nanny). I've signed DD up for TNT swim camp at Hampton pool. You could always sign your DS up for the same day (just did one day a week) and they could all meet there.

Mozhe, my children and nanny are all available to come to the South of France for the whole summer if you don't mind putting them up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now