Talk

Advanced search

Need a Childminder to drop off from nursery to HOME

(13 Posts)
Jashmi Wed 28-Nov-18 13:59:57

Hi All, I am in need of someone to drop off my little one from nursery to my home. And i am ready to pay for it as well. Are there anyone or any childminder currently in southampton shirley wiling to do it or do you know someone who is doing this ?? Please let me know .

OP’s posts: |
Jackshouse Wed 28-Nov-18 14:03:13

I assume you would not be wanting a childminder to work for free. Check your council website for a list of childminders.

Mymadworld Wed 28-Nov-18 14:16:17

I think you might find this falls under taxi rather than childminder and would struggle to see anyone willing to do this as your child would take up one of their early years spaces. Never say never but don't be surprised if the charge seems disproportionate to the care provided!

Looneytune253 Wed 28-Nov-18 14:20:09

Childminders aren’t technically allowed to do this as it’s a taxi service. Also can’t imagine it being worthwhile for a cm either as can’t imagine you would be willing to pay a full session.

underneaththeash Wed 28-Nov-18 19:34:44

I'd see if one of the nursery staff would be able to help out with the afternursery care. You would probably need to provide a car seat though.

Jashmi Wed 28-Nov-18 21:13:27

Good to see your responses. I am new to this country and not aware of many things. I remember reading on the internet some childminders provide pickup and drop off . That is why I thought they would also do this. Not aware that they are not allowed to do that.
Are there any other options ? Do taxi service people do this here ? In our country we have separate school vans for pickup and drop off ,but that is not available here.
May be I could try requesting a staff at nursery as underneatheash suggested.

OP’s posts: |
Invisimamma Thu 29-Nov-18 12:43:32

Is there a specific reason you (or child's dad) can't collect your child from nursery?

A drop off service is unusual here. Although many childminders or private daycare nurseries will offer wrap around care for a longer period of time, for example if nursery finishes at 11:30am and you need childcare until 5pm.

NerrSnerr Thu 29-Nov-18 12:48:41

This would be unusual. I would speak to the nursery as they may not let your child go home in a taxi as they need named people to pick up children. I have never seen or known anyone use a taxi service from a nursery.

Is it a preschool type nursery where it finishes at 2.30/3 or a private nursery finishing at 6?

Mypoorhat Thu 29-Nov-18 12:54:38

You might be better off looking for an after school nanny rather than childminder. Try childcare.co.uk - I’ve found people looking for short hours on there. Good luck!

Bamaluz Thu 29-Nov-18 14:47:03

Childminders provide childcare, so you could use a childminder who could bring your child home at the end of the day instead using of a nursery.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 29-Nov-18 16:00:26

Pick ups and drop offs to and from their service will be what they are offering not a taxi service between you and nursery! Bloody cheek grin

jannier Fri 30-Nov-18 07:28:41

Sorry what your asking is like asking Sainsburys deliver service to pop to Tescos pick up your on line shop and deliver it to you because you like their delivery slots.
A childminder is an alternative to nursery regulated and inspected by the same body and working to the same standards so if you cant find a nursery that doe sthe hours you need to that you can drop off and pick up yourself (ot partner/family member) find a childminder or nursery that does longer hours.

TwoGinScentedTears Fri 30-Nov-18 07:31:56

I think when people say drop offs and pick ups they mean to and from school. So you take your dc to the CM on your way to work and they drop them off at school. At the end of the day they pick your dc up and take them home to their home and you collect them from the CM after work.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in