Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Moving house and Ofsted

(3 Posts)
thebumcleaner Wed 20-Jun-07 21:21:59

Has anyone moved while you have been childminding?? How long does it take for them to come out, and what do they do?

I am not really due another inspection as had one in 2005, but they could use it as an excuse to do one I suppose, a;though as the summer hols I won't actually have any mindees that are under 8.

Any thoughs would help me as don't know what to do with Ofsted.

LynetteScavo Wed 20-Jun-07 21:28:17

Let Ofsted know you're moving. They will come out and give the new house an inspection, and tell you if anything needs altering. Let them know exactly when you need this done by, so not to cause any disruption to your childminding. When you are childminding in your new house they may come out to give you a proper inspection, but it depends on how busy they are.

looneytune Thu 21-Jun-07 10:32:59

Hi

I did NOT have an inspection when I moved because I did a thorough letter/risk assessment. I argued a few things with them about their website saying youo just had to let them know within x number of days (nannynick helped me), I also argued that if they can take up to 6 months to inspect and if I can't childmind until they inspect, that I'd loose my business/lots of money etc.

If you want a copy of what I sent them, let me know

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: