Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

GGGL'S LOVELY DAUGHTER NEEDS AN AU PAIR JOB IN ENGLAND THIS SUMMER, CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?

(72 Posts)
WendyWeber Wed 20-Jun-07 14:36:30

Details here

Eleusis Wed 20-Jun-07 15:04:27

bump

ggglimpopo Wed 20-Jun-07 15:12:40

Ha! Just seen this! Thank you WW§

poptot Wed 20-Jun-07 15:16:09

I'm looking for someone over the summer but it wouldn't be until mid July, then we're in France for two weeks, does this sound too bitty? Could you email me please ggg davenport 5 at uk online dot co dot uk.

NBuGgeration Wed 20-Jun-07 15:19:15

I would love love love to have someone but I dont think it would suit her.
Firstly we're in yorkshire, secondly I'm a SAHM and not sure we could afford to pay loads.
Although we do have the space for her.

Am pg atm and have horrid SPD pain so I'm struggling to get dd to pre school and do other stuff with her and ds. Plus we have no one nearby to help.

If that sounds any good to her though.....

ggglimpopo Wed 20-Jun-07 15:22:36

She's out this afternoon poptot (has taken me ) three goes to get your name right!)but I'll ask her to email you when she gets in....Thank you!

ggglimpopo Wed 20-Jun-07 15:23:17

Shall I ask her to contact you as well NBG?

Summerfruit Wed 20-Jun-07 15:29:03

Message withdrawn

NBuGgeration Wed 20-Jun-07 15:31:40

Yes GGG you can do, then she can tell me exactly what shes after then.
I wouldnt want her to come to the wrong place and not get all she wants out of it IYSWIM.

Email me at

chloe at chloebrayford dot orangehome dot co dot uk

ggglimpopo Wed 20-Jun-07 15:34:15

Yes please Summmerfruit! I feel bad that she now has no job and resigned without a quibble when the other woman was gossiping.

Will get her to email you too NBG

Tamum Wed 20-Jun-07 15:34:45

She could email me too ggg- Wendy would vouch for me I think It has never crossed my mind to get an au pair but it could be very useful. We are away for nearly three weeks during that time though, so I don't know if that would be too much of a problem?

poptot Wed 20-Jun-07 16:39:51

Thanks ggg look forward to hearing from her

Wilbur Wed 20-Jun-07 16:52:22

ggg - I am currently looking for some summer help as our last au pair left rather suddenly 2 weeks ago (not because of us, we are lovely but she was offered the exact grown-up job she wanted back in Hungary). I am talking to various folk but no one so far is available until August / Sept. If none of the other people ahead of me on this thread work out, and she fancied a couple of months in Balham (Gateway to the South), I would be v interested to talk to her. We are away August 4th to 18th (in France) but she would be welcome to stay here while we are gone and then do a couple more weeks when we got back. My email is vix5868 at hotmail dot com.

Either way, I am glad the terrible teens have receded - I remember you had a tough time at one point.

ernest Wed 20-Jun-07 16:52:47

does it have to be UK? My lovely neighbour has 4 year old twins and has mentioned getting au pair. She's frnech speaking )from Cote d'Ivoire) and dh is Swiss but speaks good English. The kids speak French and Swiss German. Sorry, we're in Switzerland, near Zurich. There's a Canadian au pair in the street for company and a couple fo teens who speak good english

CountessDracula Wed 20-Jun-07 16:54:21

ggg she could prob stay with us 4th to 18th August
Does she like big dogs? She could walk the dog and do some baby sitting if she liked

ggglimpopo Wed 20-Jun-07 16:55:24

Happy sigh at lovely responses. Have just emailed her this thread (she is on another computer - the joys of technology!)

Kewcumber Wed 20-Jun-07 16:57:26

can I book her for next summer? Or the one after?

CountessDracula Wed 20-Jun-07 16:57:30

ps we are in E.Sheen not far from Balaham

CountessDracula Wed 20-Jun-07 16:57:55

bog off KC
I have already asked for next Summer
<mwahahahahah>

ggglimpopo Wed 20-Jun-07 16:58:12

I am in town next week CD.

CountessDracula Wed 20-Jun-07 16:59:36

guess what
I am in france next week

CountessDracula Wed 20-Jun-07 16:59:49

well at being in france
at missing you

ggglimpopo Wed 20-Jun-07 17:00:14

Ha!

CountessDracula Wed 20-Jun-07 17:00:25

hey
Does she fancy nipping over to nr Orange and being our au pair for a week if my SIL can't come cos my MIL is ill?

CountessDracula Wed 20-Jun-07 17:00:42

big if
and won't know til near the time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now