Talk

Advanced search

Childminder leaver gifts

(15 Posts)
PepperAndPops Sun 01-Jul-18 07:47:33

I have had a really really fab childminder for the past 2 years, one day a week.

My daughter is leaving to go to school and the childminder is also giving it up to work in a school.

I would really like to get her a good present, I want it to be thoughtful not the usual wine/chocs /flowers

I was thinking about a gift voucher for a restaurant or a family day out but not sure.

Budget of around £50

OP’s posts: |
BillywilliamV Sun 01-Jul-18 07:51:50

Sounds like a good idea, having said that shed probably be pleased with a bottle of Prosecco so why not save a bit of cash

PepperAndPops Sun 01-Jul-18 19:15:36

Thanks, I just feel bad just giving her a bottle

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Sun 01-Jul-18 19:18:28

A family day out would be amazing - our own families give up and share so much with this job. Lovely idea.

squidgesquodge Sun 01-Jul-18 20:05:37

There's a restaurant near us which is very family friendly during the day but a bit more sophisticated in the evening. I get my cm a voucher for there as then she can take her DC there or go out with her DH.

PepperAndPops Mon 02-Jul-18 09:00:45

Thanks. I'd love to do a family day out but my worry is if I get it wrong and it's not somewhere they want to go or have already been or something. Or get the amount wrong.

onceisawabee Mon 02-Jul-18 09:16:02

Could you do a little hamper with chocolates, face mask, bath bombs and other pamper bits

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Mon 02-Jul-18 10:00:26

What about something like cinema vouchers?

jannier Mon 02-Jul-18 14:35:52

BillywilliamV .......suggesting a bottle of fizz wow that's tight for someone who will even for 1 day a week had to have put in hours of unpaid work on that child over 2 years.

PepperAndPops Mon 02-Jul-18 20:00:58

Cinema vouchers is a good idea. Although again it's working out exactly how much to buy! Can they been used for popcorn etc if I buy a bit too many to be in the safe side?

PepperAndPops Mon 02-Jul-18 20:02:36

I'm tempted to get a frankie And bennies voucher as I know she likes it there.

PepperAndPops Mon 02-Jul-18 20:15:17

Will a £50 voucher be enough?

almostmumtotwo Tue 03-Jul-18 07:15:34

I'm pretty certain a £50 voucher would be more than enough. I'm a registered childminder and it really means a lot when someone puts a lot of thought into their leaving gift and I've been so grateful for my gifts in the past (flowers, chocolates, gift sets , gift cards etc) so the childminder your giving them to will no doubt be extremely happy and grateful that you've put a lot of thought into this. X

jannier Tue 03-Jul-18 13:46:46

£50 is a very generous gift and she has the option to take who she likes and add to it if she wants. Its very kind maybe get lo to do a homemade card or whattsapp video of memories and what they have loved about it.....and do a reference the most important bit.

PaulMorel Tue 10-Jul-18 08:50:37

Sounds great! A family day out would be amazing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in