Talk

Advanced search

Total number of places - Inspection report

(4 Posts)
cleverchick1 Tue 26-Jun-18 17:21:34

Can someone clarify what it means you have 11 total number of places on your inspection report. I have my own toddler (who is supposed to be included on my numbers) and work with 2 assistants.

OP’s posts: |
badgerhead Tue 26-Jun-18 18:48:41

Does it say 11 spaces under 8 or 11 EYFS spaces? If you are working with 2 assistants is that full time or part time? Normally spaces are regulated by how many staff in at any time, your own family members and the space you have. I would say that you could have a total of 11 children plus your son under the age of 8 at any time due to space restrictions, as 11 with 3 staff doesn't work. Does that help?

Maryann1975 Wed 27-Jun-18 23:35:44

I thought they had ditched the rule that said a childminders own children were always included in the ratios? So if your child was off the premises with another adult they weren’t the childminders responsibility? So, on that basis, I have no idea where they have got 11 children from. It’s a really odd number, can you query it at this point?

HSMMaCM Thu 28-Jun-18 22:33:28

It is an odd number, so I'm guessing limited by space? Or were they basing it on 2 staff rather than 3 and someone 'helpfully' deducted your own child?

Just ask

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in