Talk

Advanced search

Nanny pay

(4 Posts)
StayingAfloat Tue 02-Jan-18 08:32:26

Thank you it is a little complex so I think I will do as you suggest and calculate by summing up on a Calandar

Yes you're correct it's only this Thursday till school returns. They go dads every half term and half of the big holidays

OP’s posts: |
Forresitters1 Fri 29-Dec-17 18:11:42

It's probably easier if you write out the start date and end date then go through each month to tally up the days/hours contracted to work each week adding in the accrued holiday then dividing that total by 9 months.
Will try to work it out for you later but just rushing and getting confused by your post as you say she will never have to work half terms but then she will work half of Easter and summer😉.

Also do you use a payroll company for your current nanny as they can work this out for you too?

ForgivenessIsDivine Fri 29-Dec-17 14:21:51

It sounds like its 4 days a week, 6 hours a day but in the 2 weeks of Easter and 6 weeks of summer she will work one week out of every two but 12 hours instead of 6.. so equates to the same number of hours as if she worked the 4 days a week, 6 hours per day.

In 8 months, she would be entitled to 14.9 days holiday, if you assume 1 Jan to be the start date, will be different if the start date is different.

www.gov.uk/calculate-your-holiday-entitlement/y/days-worked-per-week/leaving/2018-08-31/2018-01-09/4.0

Will she take holidays during the half term weeks or will you allow her to have holidays at other times?

There is only one bank holiday that is not a Monday in this period, so assuming she takes the half term days as holiday, and Good Friday (you can include BHolidays in the 28 days entitlement or choose not to...), the nanny will be entitled to 5 other days as holidays.

Usually a nanny can choose 50% of the holiday days in any one year though if her hours are as you describe and you do not want to offer this flexibility, you could with her agreement, pay these at the end of the contract.

StayingAfloat Fri 29-Dec-17 14:03:50

Hello fellow mums. Can anyone please advise . I have found a nanny who I would like to employ for a 9 month fixed period to cover my current nannies Maternity leave.

She would start in January when school goes back and finish in September.?

During term time she would do 4 days a week 6 hours a day

She will never have to work half term .

During Easter and summer she would work 50 pc of the holiday tues - Friday 12 hours per day .

I am happy to pay 12 per hour.
I would like to pay her pro rata'd and averaged out so she gets the same salary .

Neither of us can get our heads round this. It's so complicated especially when you factor in it's only till the end of summer holidays and not the whole year.

Any math genuis's out there who are willing to give my conundrum a go ?

Thank you so much in advance she says whilst scratching her head x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in