Talk

Advanced search

Christmas present advice for Childminder's

(6 Posts)
thisgirlrides Fri 22-Dec-17 19:26:31

To be honest a box of choc and a lovely card saying how great/important to you all she is will probably be the most well received.

gamerwidow Fri 22-Dec-17 10:00:57

I gave my CM a £30 restaurant voucher this year. She’s looked after my daughter for 7 years and we appreciate her so much.

jannier Fri 22-Dec-17 09:38:54

My favourites .... handmade cards by child. Christmas tree bauble with their picture and year on (have 3 hanging on my tree from apst Christmases, bath bombs in nesting boxes - we use the boxes as play items and every time I think of the LO who gave them to me. hand cream (hands really suffer in this job) push chair mitts (if she uses a buggy) A post it holder with an inscription - use loads of them as notes to parents and self.

Fundays12 Thu 21-Dec-17 21:20:20

I bought my fantastic childminder a bottle of white wine for her and her hubby to enjoy plus some chocolates, a, scentsy scents from a consultant who knows the scents she likes, a hand made gorgeous smelling soap and I git her two girls medium sized chocolate penguins.

alibubbles Wed 13-Dec-17 09:13:56

Something original, it doesn't have to be expensive either, thought means a lot more.

I have boxes of candles, smellies and chocolates that get recycled to my mother's WI as raffle prizes as they are not my 'thing'. A lot of them I know are recycled 'teacher' presents because I know that some of my parents would never choose that particular gift. (my clients are all teachers)

A good bottle of wine or champagne never fails, gift vouchers, a massage voucher, restaurant voucher, it doesn't have to be a lot, it is the thought.

Definitely not a picture of your child in a frame, but a card made by your child is lovely and a keepsake. I have lots of homemade items that I have had no input to and they are special as I know that takes time in a busy parents spare time with their child.

Quite honestly, I really like the cards that state the appreciation best and I have cash going back over 25 years and read them every so often, especially when this job gets a bit s**t at times!

AC14MUZ Wed 13-Dec-17 08:16:24

Hi all

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I need some advice from Childminder's. My son recently (October) started with our childminder. I want to get her something for Christmas but no idea what to get?! What would you appreciate for Christmas? We don't have a massive budget but I do want to get something thoughtful. My childminder is literally like an angel from heaven, she is amazing with my son and we would all be lost without her!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in