Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Legal responsibility

(5 Posts)
Rapha78 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:44:35

Hi, not sure if I am posting in the correct section. My 13 year old nephew has asked his parents if he can stay the weekend at his 2 friends house. The house belongs to an 18 year old and his 16 year old girlfriend lives with him. If anything were to go wrong, would my nephews parents be held responsible if they allowed him to stay there?

JoJoSM2 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:18:46

Legally, it could possibly be the 18-year-olds responsibility. But really what’s. 13 yo doing hanging out with an 18 yo? It wouldn’t be very smart of parents to let the 13 yo stay there for that long. Also, I’d blame the parents if the child did drugs, alcohol etc and ended up in A&E

jannier Tue 05-Dec-17 09:22:56

I agree 18 year olds would not normally want a 13 year old hanging out with them. Id be wary of this and as a cm be making notes of this relationship.

RestingGrinchFace Tue 05-Dec-17 09:24:50

A 13 year old going to stay alone with an 18 year old and his 16 year old girlfriend-what could go wrong?!

Topmummy90210 Tue 19-Dec-17 21:17:25

I’m a child minder smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now