Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What questions to ask when looking for a childminder

(4 Posts)
Starlight85 Thu 30-Nov-17 17:26:49

Hi
I am due to go back to work after my maternity leave in February and my DD will be 13 months old. We are looking at childcare options and in particular a childminder.

My DD is our first baby and so I have no experience with a childminder. I just wondered what questions I should ask when visiting potential ones and what to look out for.

Snap8TheCat Thu 30-Nov-17 17:42:05

Outline of the day
Menu
Holiday charges
Sickness charges
Where will they sleep
What does fee include
What do you have to supply

Generally just get a feel for the Cm- are the current children relaxed and engaged (trickier as remember you’re a stranger so they may act differently), do you like her? Do you agree on the same things?

Starlight2345 Thu 30-Nov-17 20:52:37

I am a childminder..

Ask about sleep, activities, behaviour,

Cost, what is included. What school they cover and would your child be on school runs?

Anything that is a big issue to you.

I also am a great believer in gut instinct... Some parents are a great match.. Chat and you will get a good idea of how they think

HSMMaCM Fri 01-Dec-17 08:24:03

I agree with the others. You will just know when you find the right one.

Feel free to look at my FAQs on www.3mxchildcare.co.uk which have been constructed using many ideas people have put on here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: