Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Beckenham child care for baby term time only

(6 Posts)
Mum2018 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:41:36

Hi, I am pregnant, and thinking about nurseries/childminders in the Beckenham area for once the baby is born.
Does anyone have a good suggestion for term-time only nurseries/ childminders? Do nurseries have to be full-year? I am a teacher so would want to spend school holidays with my baby. Thanks for your help!

dne77 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:01:05

I would love to find out the same thing - please message me if you got anywhere. Friends with babies have suggested a nanny or nanny share for the first year just because younger babies are often so ill and nurseries will not take them. Please message me if you found anywhere. Dominique

MaverickSnoopy Tue 13-Feb-18 08:49:27

We're not in Beckenham but I work term time only and use a childminder. I found her via our local councils childminders page. Looks like Beckenham have similar https://www.bromley.gov.uk/directory/32/directory_of_childminders/category/366

dne77 Tue 13-Feb-18 09:05:48

Thanks - very useful x

marcopront Tue 13-Feb-18 12:07:51

I would be wary of term time only child care.
The childminder needs money to live on during the school holidays, so will presumably charge more than others in term time.
I am a teacher and would use the childminder in the holidays so I could go shopping, clean the house etc. My DD would do shorter hours in the holidays but I always had the option of her going there.

MaverickSnoopy Tue 13-Feb-18 13:04:50

My childminder doesn't charge more for term time only, lots don't, but then ours is fantastic and has plenty of children to look after. I wouldn't be able to afford to work term time only and pay for all year round childcare so found someone who was happy to accommodate this. I have several friends who have the same arrangement with their childminders.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: