Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ofsted allowing abusive childminder to continue

(7 Posts)
mcjf30 Thu 02-Nov-17 22:45:57

If Ofsted has put a childminder as safe again after multiple allegations that are recorded online and some through schools what can you do when you know they are manipulative and act fine when the inspectors are round but behind closed doors are awful? Feeling so frustrated. I really fear for the children there.

jannier Fri 03-Nov-17 07:46:07

I'm confused how you know where the allegations have come from my understanding is that the details like that are not published?
When an allegation is made it is investigated and recorded what was the outcome?
Sometimes an individual make multiple allegations and unless evidence can be found they start to look vindictive.
How many have you reported as against other people and what type of abuse?

HSMMaCM Fri 03-Nov-17 11:32:52

If you are witnessing a childminder being abusive, you need to record every incident and make sure other people do too, so Ofsted can build a complete picture. They will only have allowed her to continue minding if they thought the allegations were unfounded.

leesypops Fri 03-Nov-17 22:49:17

Perhaps the allegations were found to be untrue, I’m interested to know how you know about the allegations.

Viviennemary Fri 03-Nov-17 22:52:01

If you are worried this childminder is abusive and is continuing to look after children you should phone Social Services and report her to them. That's what I would do. Seems strange this should happen though.

LovingLola Fri 03-Nov-17 22:56:29

The OP had a previous post, now deleted. This minder was one she had for her own child.

leesypops Fri 03-Nov-17 22:57:40

Yes, I saw that post but didn’t see the comments as when I had chance to look it had already been deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now