Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Over night pay

(6 Posts)
Anon7865 Mon 23-Oct-17 17:38:47

I’m a nanny and the parents are looking to go away within the next 6 months. They have asked me to do a 4 night stay looking after their 3 children.
How much would you charge for an overnight stay?

jannier Tue 24-Oct-17 09:22:34

As a cm I would charge a lot because
You have to bear in mind safeguarding - what you watch on tv, visitors (not such a problem for a nanny) you cant relax or have a drink. Children can get up and wonder in at night so what will you wear to bed (again less of a problem just for you but if there are several people in a cm house more so).
Then children can be unsettled (particularly if missing parent) or get ill and not sleep which if its a bug could go through all the children on consecutive nights (you may want to build in a broken nights fee).

juneybean Tue 24-Oct-17 09:23:29

I used to just charge £30 between 12am - 6am and my normal hourly rate before and after these times smile

nannynick Tue 24-Oct-17 19:12:16

It would depend on how much you expect to have a disturbed night.

I would so something like this:

7pm-11pm - you usual nanny or babysitting rate.
11pm-6am - a flat rate, perhaps £50
6am onwards your usual nanny rate.

thisgirlrides Wed 25-Oct-17 00:33:14

I’m a cm so slightly different to nanny rates but charge £60 9pm-6am, 1.5 times 6-9pm & 6-7am (as I don’t normally work these times) then normal hourly rate at all other times. I would work out a figure, add a bit extra then put it to them and see where they thinking

Melabela10 Thu 26-Oct-17 14:01:10

We recently inquired about nanny overnight rates, we are in London, its all down to nanny's qualification and experience to be honest, although IMHO for overnight childcare you don't really need somebody that experienced just somebody you can trust and child is familiar with (in case child wakes up), so the costs were around £50 overnight (from around 8pm when child is asleep till the moment child wakes up around 6-7 am. normal nanny rate applies outside the "sleeping time".if child wakes up and stays awake for more than 1 hour normal rate applies on the top of £50. This was the average rate for very experienced qualified nannies.

However, LOndon market is saturated and there are plenty of nannies out there , many of them were happy for overnight rate of £25-£30.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now