Advanced search

Childminder Concerns

(8 Posts)
Lordflashheart77 Tue 05-Sep-17 10:37:39

Hi all, i'm a single parent to a little girl who is 21 months and she is currently looked after by a childminder at her residence 3 days a week and so far i cannot fault how she seems to look after my child. However, i have been informed that this lady's live-in partner has a criminal record, has been convicted of DV and has a non-molestation order against him by the mother of his children and is on trial again this week for assault with a deadly weapon! i didn't believe it at first until i saw it in the paper! i thought childminders partners were also checked if they live in the property where children would be present?

Advice please as i have currently pulled her out but i am still paying as bound by contract.

OP’s posts: |
Maryann1975 Tue 05-Sep-17 11:01:52

It could be that she has moved him in without telling anyone. Are you in England? I would phone ofsted for advice as they will be the best people to investigate the allegation. If he is living there and does have a criminal record you are well within your rights to not pay your notice period. Does she know the reason you have pulled your dd out? What was her reaction to it? Does she know about his past? He could be abusing her (the cm) so needs investigating sensitively.

Lordflashheart77 Tue 05-Sep-17 11:08:52

Hi Maryann, yes i am in England, and when i took her out i said that its was due to family issues. Apparently she is well aware of his past too. another parent confronted her about it this morning but i have not heard back from her as of yet.

OP’s posts: |
HSMMaCM Tue 05-Sep-17 11:38:32

He should definitely have a DBS check.

Lordflashheart77 Tue 05-Sep-17 11:41:18

That's what i thought! thanks all x

OP’s posts: |
Twofishfingers Tue 05-Sep-17 12:07:50

Is she Ofsted registered? if so, please please do report this to Ofsted. They will very possible close her down. Unless her partner lives out and 'visits', but anyway, he should have a DBS check which would have picked this up. I am a childminder and really worry about this kind of post, as it gives us a bad name. You can also raise this with your local authorities, with their Early Years' services - it's usually a specific area of the LA's website. They should be made aware.

Lordflashheart77 Tue 05-Sep-17 13:30:50

Yes she is so i will be making a complaint. And i will be contacting the local authority too. he lives with her full time too. Thank you for your advice

OP’s posts: |
jannier Tue 05-Sep-17 17:35:26

Even if he does not live their a cm as any other childcare worker can be unsuitable due to association. If you are in close contact or in a relationship with an unsuitable person. However if it is only just going to court things regarding the DBS are complicated as he wont have a record for this possible offence, but I would have thought that there would b restrictions imposed on him being around until a verdict is given. Call OFSTED and check.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in