Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Finding childcare abroad??

(3 Posts)
somethingrosier Fri 26-May-17 10:37:52

Hi all!

My friend is getting married in her home state of California next May. I will have an 8 month old by then (if all is well). Aside from mine, children aren't actually allowed, so there's no childcare there. The ceremony etc starts at 5pm.

I lost my first to SIDS and don't really want to leave the baby with any of the bride's teenage relatives, etc, so I'd like to get a professional – someone versed in CPR/First Aid, and all that business. I was hoping to be able to have them come to the wedding with me and be there throughout the night/evening to keep an eye on baby until we leave.

How do I go about finding a babysitter abroad?

somethingrosier Fri 26-May-17 10:38:26

PS. I am a single parent, so no partner to help out. I realise it's really far in advance but I'd like to start thinking about it now!

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 27-May-17 05:29:33

I would ask your friend to contact local nanny agencies to her or ask the venue if they can recommend anyone

Assuming anyone she knows or trusts would be at the wedding

Or google agencies near her and email them and explain what you want

Sorry to hear doing preg alone. That must be hard sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now