Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Pacey and/or Childcare.co.uk?

(4 Posts)
kemsingchildminder Wed 24-May-17 12:16:17

I'm currently in the process of re-registering as a childminder after a four year career change.
I am registered with Childcare.co.uk, who I know offer various bits of paperwork and free insurance. I used to be a member of NCMA, which is now Pacey. Is it worth joining Pacey as well as childcare.co.uk? Or are they the same thing, essentially?

nannynick Wed 24-May-17 13:15:08

PACEY is an association, they are involved in campaigns to promote childminding as a profession and lobbying Government in making sure that childminders are recognised as childcare providers.

Childcare.co.uk is a publisher. They publish information, adverts from providers and parents looking for childcare. They provide additional services such as insurance, CPD courses, information to help run your business.

PACEY has their own directory of Childminder's, not sure how popular that is with parents looking for childcare.

Local authorities also have lists of registered childcare providers.

Morton Michel provides insurance and that comes with some online training CPD courses, plus publishes information such as daily diary.

These are different things... an association, a publisher, and insurance broker. Which do you need? Which do you want to support?
You may want to be a PACEY member and be on Childcare.co.uk or you may want insurance from Morton Michel and use Childcare.co.uk for advertising.

Borntobeamum Tue 30-May-17 19:00:24

I've had Pacey and MM insurance in the past.
I now have equivalent cover through Childcare.co.uk and am able to search for parents needing childcare in my area. I also have access to lots of free resources and courses.

jannier Mon 05-Jun-17 14:37:53

There is another option of Morton Michelle who are an insurance company but do their own paperwork...or you can use any other, and have some training and info free as well as discounts. I think other insurance is out there too.
Check how much liability your Borough require as this varies if you take funding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now