Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny holiday notice

(3 Posts)
Lysaa Tue 16-May-17 23:13:01

Turning the standard question the other way around. I usually take the same holidays as my employer (I am the nanny), but this year they are very late to let me know their holidays. Since it is going to be summer time flights will already be costly, but I'm afraid if they wait any longer to let me know about my days off, I basically can't afford to go on holiday anymore.

How do you feel about this in terms of fairness? Is it fair of me to expect to know my holidays a certain amount of time in advance? Or is this all part of the flexibility of being a nanny?

If you employ a nanny yourself, I wonder how do you deal with holidays, does nanny take the same days as you, or do nannies usually ask for their days?

Thanks a lot for any help.

nannynick Tue 16-May-17 23:20:02

It is reasonable in my view to know about holiday several weeks to a month in advance. Whatever time period you agree between you.

Flexibility is often a key requirement but you need to be able to choose some holiday yourself. Would putting a request in now spur them on to confirming when they will be away?

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 18-May-17 16:13:55

Does your contract say you take the same as them?

If not then discuss with them you having half your choice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now