Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Stress of the job

(5 Posts)
Snap8TheCat Fri 12-May-17 07:21:53

I'm struggling. In the past, before CMing I struggled with anxiety and panic attacks. I had CBT and recovered well and been fine mostly for around 10 years.

Lately though I'm struggling again. I am suffering with insomnia and panic attacks (though these have taken a different form now) and it's almost entirely from worrying about work stuff.

It's mostly the usual OFSTED worries but very recently I've started worrying about conversations I'm having with parents... isn't taken the wrong way? Will they pull their child out? Report me? Etcetc.

Objectively nothing terrible has happened but the anxiety is making me over analyse everything. I'm making myself so ill from it.

Any tips from fellow CMs please?

oleoleoleole Fri 12-May-17 07:29:02

I would go and have a chat with your GP.

Snap8TheCat Fri 12-May-17 07:47:39

Thank you it's just that I'm unsure about doing this at the moment.

trickydickie Sun 14-May-17 23:41:27

Snap8 - I think this is like any other jobs. It has some stressful parts and some lovely parts. I too can find myself dwelling on conversations I've had with parents.

Find myself thinking parents are being unreasonable, find myself worrying if a child doesn't seem happy that day to coming mine. Worry also sets in when I think about my inspection which I am sure is due any minute.

Every year it takes from now to August for me to fill the spaces I always have available in August. I find myself stressing about this for months too. I have found mindfulness really useful. I haven't been to any classes. Just listened to a couple of things on the internet about it. When I know I am over thinking something (again!) I try some mindfulness.

Hope you don't think I am trivialising your worries/anxiety. Apologies if you have already tried mindfulness.

Snap8TheCat Tue 16-May-17 07:37:42

Thank you tricky that is helpful. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who does it. I'm also thinking OFSTED might come soon but I have used my stress to pull a few cramming sessions and got everything up to date.

I haven't tried mindfulness but you are now the second person to suggest it so I will look in to it. I'm not really sure what it is. Meditation I guess.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now