Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much would you

(7 Posts)
scortja Tue 25-Apr-17 15:30:28

charge/expect to pay to drop off and pick up two children to a school about a 15 minute drive away?

I just can't with these rural buses, it takes too long to walk it, and there seem to be people willing to do it.. I just have no idea how much I should pay - don't want to under or over pay..

tissuesosoft Tue 25-Apr-17 15:34:42

Maybe half their hourly rate per journey per child? So a full hourly rate per pick up or drop off?

scortja Tue 25-Apr-17 15:43:09

Thank you - that sounds good to me.. I guess I'll let them take the lead on it. x

HSMMaCM Tue 25-Apr-17 21:01:45

If you're asking childminders, they will almost certainly have a set rate. They may not all be the same.

Bonkerz Tue 25-Apr-17 21:05:16

Childminders cannot be used as a taxi service as it affects their insurance. You will probably have to pay a set rate for min 2 hours per morn/afternoon.

thisgirlrides Tue 25-Apr-17 21:18:17

As a childminder I would charge you my standard rates: £7.50 before school, £15 after or £21 for both (& that's assuming I already did that school run). I can't imagine many childminders wanting to give up 2 spaces in their car for less than full morning or after school fees I'm afraid.

If it's someone doing it as a favour but not already doing the school run i.e. Using their time & fuel, I'd say £10 each drop or collect so £20a day.

If however it's a mum already doing that school run with car space, an extra £10 a day cash would come in very handy !

feelingsickaboutit Tue 25-Apr-17 21:29:12

A taxi company charged £10/drop off or collection for such service two years ago.
A childminder (if you're lucky enough to find one that would be happy to do it) will most probably have a set fee per child for afterschool care even though you'd only use 15 minutes of it. They would take spaces in her car therefore making them unavailable for other children who'd like to use her for a longer amount of time. This could be an equivalent of 2 or 3 hours of care per child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now