Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Demand for full time childminders in Earlsfield

(6 Posts)
ilovesouthlondon Tue 04-Apr-17 11:34:03

I've just recently completed a childminding course and am now waiting for my other bits and pieces (DBS check, food hygiene etc) but just thought that I have no idea what demand for full time childminders is like in my area!

I would be devastated if I complete everything, register then find that there is no demand for full time childminders in the area. By full-time I mean 8am - 6pm.

I will be based in Earlsfield, Wandsworth, so if any minders or parents can give me any advice at all, it will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

ilovesouthlondon Mon 17-Apr-17 09:57:13

Anyone?!

insancerre Mon 17-Apr-17 10:08:30

Did your childminding course not include anything about running a business and making a business plan?
Demand for places should have been the first thing you researched as well as your fees structure
Are you taking funded children and what about the 30 hours issue?

If you put your postcode in here it will give you a list of all childcare in your area
You could ring them and enquire about places and availability as well as fees
reports.ofsted.gov.uk/

sparechange Mon 17-Apr-17 10:09:57

You'd be better off asking on NappyValleyNet

There is a post on there at the moment from a long-established childminder advertising a vacancy. Perhaps she can give some feedback or advice?

ilovesouthlondon Mon 17-Apr-17 11:18:16

Yes it did insancerre, this is part of my research. Thanks for the advice.

ilovesouthlondon Mon 17-Apr-17 11:19:48

Thank you so much sparechange, this is very good advice and I will take a look! Thanks again! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now