Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childcare - One day a week

(8 Posts)
Pennyhen Wed 29-Mar-17 14:38:06

Hi, I'm due to return to work one day in the week and would be looking for a full day. The problem is it's just one day a week. Advice needed please fellow mummy's!!! My baby will be about 9 months old .....

LizzieMacQueen Wed 29-Mar-17 14:41:32

Local childminder would suit you best. Check your local council as they'll have the most up to date lists of those registered.

Pennyhen Wed 29-Mar-17 19:12:27

Thank you for the advice LizzieMacQueen

DorotheaHomeAlone Wed 29-Mar-17 19:25:35

A lot of providers both nursery and cm have a two day minimum. It's very hard for them to settle if they go less than that.

Traintrackmad Wed 29-Mar-17 19:54:50

I don't know any childminders round here who would say no to a child who only wanted one day a week. It might be harder to find someone if you have a set day in mind and no one had a space but if you could be a bit open to which day it was, I wouldn't turn you away. (At the moment I work a four day week, three of them I am full and one I have one vacancy, so you would be doing me a favour in filling it!).
It might be harder to settle your child, as 6 days away is a long time but you don't know until you try, it might be fine.

nightswimming1 Thu 30-Mar-17 23:10:16

I always found a nanny for a day a week. You may not get a wide choice of amazing candidates, but there are plenty of good nannies working 3/4 days for other part timers who would be happy to do one day to make up the pay.

Shezza71 Sat 01-Apr-17 21:51:43

Depending on your area a nanny 1 day a week should be easy to find,especially if you can be flexible on the day.
There are a lot of 3/4 day roles where I am and not many 5 days so an extra day can be very attractive

Forresitters1 Mon 03-Apr-17 07:41:47

Which area and what day are you looking for? It shouldn't be a problem finding 1 day childcare. I have a 1 day nanny job and have been with the family just under 3 years now. Also work as a cm and have had children who only attend 1 day so it's perfectly doable😉

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now