Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Au Pair visa questions- EU residency

(5 Posts)
3scallywagsAthome Mon 27-Mar-17 23:41:33

We think we've finally found an Au Pair after weeks of searching but she is Argentinian. Her parents are divorced and her father lives in Argentina and her mother in Spain so she has Spanish residency. I can't seem to find any info on this and whether she would be allowed into the UK because of this?

Thanks in advance - really appreciate some advice as I don't want to get this girls hopes up if we can't get her into the UK!

Cindy34 Tue 28-Mar-17 06:29:18

I think it depends on what her passport says. Does she live in Spain? Does she have a Spanish/European passport?

3scallywagsAthome Tue 28-Mar-17 07:11:00

Thanks- she has an Argentinian passport but Spanish residency?

KateMateDateFateLateBateGate Tue 28-Mar-17 07:14:43

she'll need a visa

nannynick Tue 28-Mar-17 07:48:46

Tier 5 youth mobility does not include Argentina. So I would say it's not worth getting her hopes up.

Would be different if she lived in Spain and had an EU passport.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: