Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help- flexible childcare near Durham

(5 Posts)
Sunnygirl22 Mon 27-Mar-17 17:36:22

My sister is currently on maternity leave with her first child, and is trying to find part time flexible childcare for when she goes back to work in September (her son will be 9 months old by then). She works shifts so no set hours. Her work have been pretty inflexible and said that they can't give her set shifts to help her out! She always works long shifts, 10 or 12 hours, 2days per week. Has anyone got any thoughts/advice? She hasn't got any family anywhere near her, and is new to the area (near Durham). She is getting pretty anxious about finding a solution to the childcare problem!

FeckinCrutches Mon 27-Mar-17 17:40:14

Where exactly is she?

Sunnygirl22 Mon 27-Mar-17 17:46:22

Wolsingham. (Am I allowed to be that specific? Never posted before so I'm unsure of posting etiquette!)
Forgot to say, her husband works normal hours so can look after their son evenings/night/weekends. So it's flexible daytime childcare she is looking for.

FeckinCrutches Mon 27-Mar-17 17:51:03

Ah right that's about 20 miles away from Durham itself and I only know people in the city. Get her to join the Mums in Durham Facebook group, that covers a much wider area.

Sunnygirl22 Mon 27-Mar-17 21:47:09

Thank you feckin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now