Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

WWYD?

(4 Posts)
Owly2017 Mon 13-Feb-17 21:45:25

My almost six year old has told me several times that she doesn't like our nanny. Today she said it's because our nanny never smiles (to be fair, she is a rather grumpy person). My daughter then told me that she didn't make it to the loo in time this afternoon and that our nanny called her a baby, which I think is unnecessarily nasty. It obviously bothered my daughter, who very rarely has "accidents". I'm trying to decide whether to say something or just let this pass since we will not need her anymore after the school year ends...

BoffinMum Sun 19-Feb-17 10:02:57

I think this sounds like a potential problem and I would let the many go.

Shezza71 Sat 01-Apr-17 22:48:08

I'm a nanny myself and always put in a smile at work no matter what may be get me down outside of work. Maybe she has stuff in her mind, have you asked if all is ok? Doesn't excuse talking to your daughter the way she did though. I'd have a word and stick it out if possible

Doglikeafox Sat 01-Apr-17 23:45:11

It would concern me that you describe the nanny as 'grumpy'. She doesn't sound like great company for your daughter.
However, I think you need to ask the nanny outright about the baby comment. I said to a child who had an accident last week 'so where do we go wee wee?' And she said 'in the toilet' and I said 'yes, in the toilet like a big girl' and she said 'not like a baby' and laughed. I haven't said this to her before, so I'm assuming her parents have but she seemed to find it amusing so it was obviously not said in a cruel way. If your daughter doesn't like your nanny, perhaps she wanted to relay it to you in a slightly different manner than it was said to her? You won't know until you asksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now