Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny with own child

(13 Posts)
salsamummy Fri 10-Feb-17 23:00:42

My husband is away for the whole summer and I thought it would be good for me to do some work as a nanny hopefully with a child similar age to my son 11 years. I would like to be in London. Do you think this would be something people would be interested in? Even if it was for just a couple of weeks.

salsamummy Fri 10-Feb-17 23:02:16

I have experience as a nanny and have a dbs.

Atenco Fri 10-Feb-17 23:05:56

Sorry, I've no idea really, but what if your son and the child you were minding didn't get on?

salsamummy Fri 10-Feb-17 23:11:16

Yes that's something to think about. My son is an only child but loves been with other children. If they loved lego would be a bonus. grin

JoJoSM2 Fri 10-Feb-17 23:42:04

I think it's very doable. However, it might be tricky finding someone who requires you for a couple of weeks - normally nanny arrangements are more long term.

salsamummy Sat 11-Feb-17 00:06:55

I just thought someone who may find it difficult to cover the whole of the school holidays. My son finishes end of June and goes back in September.

Greydiddi Sat 11-Feb-17 10:11:17

I'd advertise and see as I think this is something parents might be interested in, particularly over the summer.

Maryann1975 Sat 11-Feb-17 15:24:55

Do you live in london or are you wanting to be a live in nanny for a couple of weeks with your son in a different place to your normal home?

salsamummy Sat 11-Feb-17 18:39:55

I am not in London so would need live in. I also thought house sitting might be an idea.

PuntCuffin Sat 11-Feb-17 18:49:46

If our house build ever finishes, i'd probably bite your hand off! I work full time and spend fortunes on holiday clubs for my two boys (11 and 7). But we are not in London and can't accommodate extras unless the builder gets his finger out!

salsamummy Sat 11-Feb-17 18:56:18

Puntcuffin :-)
Hope the build goes well!
Yes the holidays are expensive.

PuntCuffin Sat 11-Feb-17 20:50:00

Sorry, that probably came across the wrong way, typing while cooking earlier!
I don't mind the fortunes, so much as feeling guilty about the amount of time 'institutionalised'! I suspect a holiday nanny would be at least as costly, but might provide more freedom from fixed day care.

salsamummy Sat 11-Feb-17 22:23:28

To be honest my son hates me signing him up for lots of activities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now