Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Best place to look for a 1 (long!) day nanny for just Mondays

(4 Posts)
alembec Tue 07-Feb-17 09:55:19

Just that really, due to circumstances relating to work and family I need a nanny for a 1.5 year old boy from 7am to 7pm (occasionally 10pm, but I can find babysitter if necessary) for Mondays only, for the foreseeable future.

Where would you recommend I look/post advertising?

FWIW we live in West London. Nursery is not an option near here as they open at 8am and I HAVE to be at work at 8am. We have a great nanny Tuesday-Friday but she can't do an extra day and we don't want to change her...

Thanks!

Yukbuck Tue 07-Feb-17 12:58:28

I would look on childcare.co.uk. Also you could ask around on a local mum fb group. There could be someone who there who uses a nanny who is looking for extra work. Good luck.

Cindy34 Tue 07-Feb-17 14:25:18

Nannyjob.co.uk and Gumtree can work, depends how much effort you want to put in screening candidates. Using a local agency may be an option.

Make sure you agree a gross salary, as someone working one day for you may be working elsewhere already and using up all their personal allowance in another job.

NuffSaidSam Wed 08-Feb-17 00:55:48

I'd start with childcare.co.uk and ask around, word of mouth is always a good way to recruit someone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now