Talk

Advanced search

Relocating to Saffronwalden - Need Childcare Help!!

(7 Posts)
Marymongomidge Sat 07-Oct-17 07:33:06

Hiya, we are having the same problem. Moving to R A Butler in a few weeks and no childcare out of hours. On the waiting list at RAB but being told it's 1 year ☹️ no experience of trusting my 2 girls with childminders and unfortunately don't know anyone down there. Would you recommend the RAB now you are in there? Thanks

BengalGal Sat 17-Jun-17 11:25:33

Have you had any luck meeting people? Our neighbors found folks immediately but I haven't. We've been here almost two years, from the states.

If you'd like to meet up let me know. I'm particularly keen to find an exercise buddy and set up a post searching for one. But I'm open to other things.

user1486343054 Tue 07-Mar-17 07:54:33

After school club had a cancellation so I've got a full time space! Phew! Thanks for all your help. Loving saffron walden..... next hurdle is to make some adult friends.... anyone know where a good place to meet people is?

OP’s posts: |
PancakesAndMapleSyrup Tue 07-Mar-17 07:33:39

'Nanny for a day' are based in saffron walden. You could try them for help in the short term whilst you look for other childcare if you need unless you are lookig for a nanny longer term (they do this too).

underneaththeash Mon 06-Feb-17 12:17:46

Try posting on this Facebook page

www.facebook.com/groups/157622761090621/

or this community board

www.saffrondirectory.co.uk/directory/au-pair-ok_2387.htm?c=0

nannynick Mon 06-Feb-17 06:50:00

Contact Cambridgeshire Family Information Service
http://www4.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/info/20064/childcare/253/lookingforr_childcare

Look at Registered Childminders who collect from that school. Care won't be at your home, it will be at the childminders home.

user1486343054 Mon 06-Feb-17 01:19:57

I am relocating to Saffron Walden in 2 weeks from London... Big move!! Me and My husband both work and I really need some help before and after school. Can only find 1 after school club with vacancies, and they can't help on a tuesday. I also need help a few mornings to get my 9 year old to school. Unless anyone knows of any children that walk together? We're moving to Castle street and think we have a place at R.A Butler. We're new to the area and don't know anyone. All my internet searches are turning up with nothing and I'm starting a new job almost immediately after we move so starting to stress. Any advice greatly received. Also, any advice on making new friends and meeting people in the area?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in