Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Relocating to Saffronwalden - Need Childcare Help!!

(6 Posts)
user1486343054 Mon 06-Feb-17 01:19:57

I am relocating to Saffron Walden in 2 weeks from London... Big move!! Me and My husband both work and I really need some help before and after school. Can only find 1 after school club with vacancies, and they can't help on a tuesday. I also need help a few mornings to get my 9 year old to school. Unless anyone knows of any children that walk together? We're moving to Castle street and think we have a place at R.A Butler. We're new to the area and don't know anyone. All my internet searches are turning up with nothing and I'm starting a new job almost immediately after we move so starting to stress. Any advice greatly received. Also, any advice on making new friends and meeting people in the area?

nannynick Mon 06-Feb-17 06:50:00

Contact Cambridgeshire Family Information Service
http://www4.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/info/20064/childcare/253/lookingforr_childcare

Look at Registered Childminders who collect from that school. Care won't be at your home, it will be at the childminders home.

underneaththeash Mon 06-Feb-17 12:17:46

Try posting on this Facebook page

www.facebook.com/groups/157622761090621/

or this community board

www.saffrondirectory.co.uk/directory/au-pair-ok_2387.htm?c=0

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Tue 07-Mar-17 07:33:39

'Nanny for a day' are based in saffron walden. You could try them for help in the short term whilst you look for other childcare if you need unless you are lookig for a nanny longer term (they do this too).

user1486343054 Tue 07-Mar-17 07:54:33

After school club had a cancellation so I've got a full time space! Phew! Thanks for all your help. Loving saffron walden..... next hurdle is to make some adult friends.... anyone know where a good place to meet people is?

BengalGal Sat 17-Jun-17 11:25:33

Have you had any luck meeting people? Our neighbors found folks immediately but I haven't. We've been here almost two years, from the states.

If you'd like to meet up let me know. I'm particularly keen to find an exercise buddy and set up a post searching for one. But I'm open to other things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now