Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Night time babysitting

(6 Posts)
MamaTaxi Fri 03-Feb-17 17:38:49

Hi all, I could use some advice. I need someone to stay overnight from 9pm till 7am with my children who are 11, 15 and 17. They are pretty self sufficient, only the younger one needs to be reminded to go to bed & they will have had dinner. I just feel safer when there is another adult in the house. My former nanny is happy to do this as she lives close by but when I asked her what would be fair pay, she said it was up to me. As I haven't used a sitter in a while, I am not sure what would be fair. Any recommendations? By the way, we live in London so I expect to pay more than outside London.

lovelynannytobe Fri 03-Feb-17 18:15:32

I do this through an agency. I get paid the usual babysitting rate multiplied by the number of hours I'm required to stay at their place. No discounts for children being asleep throughout the night ... I don't sleep well at other people's homes anyway ...

MamaTaxi Fri 03-Feb-17 18:20:30

Thanks for the feedback!

livsmommy Fri 03-Feb-17 18:30:02

I'm a nanny and would charge £50 for that, but I'm not in London.

wickedwitchofwaterloo Fri 03-Feb-17 19:19:18

I'm a nanny in London and I'd charge £75. which consists of 3hrs x my daily rate then my sleepover fee which would be 7hrs x half my daily rate. Hope that helps!

MamaTaxi Fri 03-Feb-17 23:33:38

Thank you all so much, that really helps me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now