Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - giving notice

(10 Posts)
saltire Mon 26-Feb-07 14:43:46

I need to give notice to all my mindees soon as we are moving.
We are moving end of May and i was going to give them the 4 weeks notice on 23rd April, which will give me a week or so to get organised once they finish.
If they find another CM before the 4 week period is up, can they just leave, or do they need to stay with me for the 4 weeks? I've never had to do this before so a bit unsure.
We have contracts saying that either party must give 4 weeks notice

looneytune Mon 26-Feb-07 15:03:04

They have to pay you for the full 4 weeks even if they leave and start using someone sooner!

saltire Mon 26-Feb-07 15:24:02

It's not an SCMA contract though will that make a difference

looneytune Mon 26-Feb-07 15:26:09

Not sure about that. I use NCMA but I would have thought if you have something signed, it should still stand as a contract is a contract isn't it? Not 100% sure but I would say there would have been no point in having it on your contract if it wouldn't stand in the same way as the others do.

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 26-Feb-07 16:10:57

if you have stated in your contract you have to give/require 4 weeks notice then you HAVE to work that four weeks and they HAVE to pay that four weeks, its still a contract even if not ncma

dmo Mon 26-Feb-07 21:00:19

poor you saltire are you moving far?
parents must have an idea your moving but i would prob give a little more than 4 weeks notice and have some cm numbers on hand to give out

saltire Mon 26-Feb-07 22:28:34

dmo, we are moving to Portsmouth, the joys of being a Forces wife. TBH the parents don't know yet that we are moving. I really wanted to know how i stand if they decide to find another childcare provider before the 4 weeks notice period is up. Also, if I'm honest, I didn't want to lose too much money as i will have to start from scratch with my registrationw hen i move to England

cat64 Mon 26-Feb-07 22:43:36

Message withdrawn

Rubybees Tue 27-Feb-07 20:23:24

I'm a forces wife too! I moved from Scotland to england 2 years ago and it took over 8 months to get reg again.

I also kept shum about the posting just because in forces life everyone knows everyones business don't they!

My family are in Portsmouth the shopping is fab!!

Theartistformelyknownashosha Tue 27-Feb-07 20:49:54

saltire do you know any of the other CMs on acmp, we work in a group here, and if somebody is posted we give the parents alist of the other CMs with their vacancies when we give notice, so far we have always been able to accomidate the children, maybe this is just luck, we have some new Cms through and they managed to take the last CM moving s mindees.

as we see alot of each other the children already know the other CMs so it makes the move over so much easier as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now