Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nurseries in Twickenham -- Teddies?

(3 Posts)
Eleusis Mon 26-Feb-07 09:36:25

We have a nanny for DD (4 in March) and DS (2 in May). DH and I both think DS would be well served by having some of the structure and activies offered in a nursery setting. So, I'm thinking about putting him into a nursery in Twickenham a couple of afternoons a week in SEptember.

Does anyone have any experience / recommendations / warnings about nurseries in Twickenham?

Teddies is close to the school where DD will hopefully be in reception next year (I think she'll get in, but we get official word in March).

Also interested to know opinions of other people with full time nannies (or nannies themselves). At what age did you start your kids in nursery sessions rather than spending the whole day with the nanny?

Eleusis Mon 26-Feb-07 10:26:45

Well this is a shockingly popular thread.

Paddlechick666 Mon 26-Feb-07 10:28:07

Hi Eleusis

Which Teddies? I think 2Cute had a bad experience with one of them when she went to visit with her ds.

As a consequence I crossed them off my list when I was looking at nurseries last year.

We found Asquith in Teddington were great.

Oh and there's one called Twickenham Park Day Nursert or something which I considered but didn't visit.

However I was in a coffee shop on Friday nearby and 2 staff were clearly on a break and chainsmoking in a very smoky environment - which put me off immediately!

Brook House is nearby to me and I really like it. It's private, very small and friendly altho not state of the art or anything. They have a waiting list with places coming up in July/August.

Hope you're good mate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now