Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to help my mother in law bond with DS?

(3 Posts)
Jenniferb21 Fri 27-Jan-17 11:39:11

Hello

Bit of background... DS is 9 months I'm going back to work in April. 4 days will be nursery and 1 day will be at his grandma's. My worry is I don't doubt her love for him and it's great she's offered to help us out but she isn't great with him.

She doesn't understand that when he's tired he shows signs and needs to rest she'lol bounce him on her knee or hold him awkwardly even when I'm there telling her he wants to sleep and what to do etc. She's generally a bit awkward with DS and he gets a bit worked up when she looks after him even just for an hour.

Apart from letting them spend time together one on one before I go back to work and also be there to show her our routine etc I'm stuck as to how to ease this transition.

Any advice is really appreciated.

empirerecordsrocked Fri 27-Jan-17 13:40:25

I wouldn't do anything - assuming she raised your husband fine she'll figure it out!

HSMMaCM Fri 27-Jan-17 17:36:15

I agree. She'll find her way, just like you did. Give her some idea of his signs then let them develop their relationship. She'll be much more relaxed with him when you're not there. Don't worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now