Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Birds & The Bees

(7 Posts)
MumBongo Fri 20-Jan-17 08:05:17

Morning everyone.

I'm just about to have 'the talk' with little Patches. Obviously I'm terrified about it as I'm quite a bashful person.

Anyway I just know when it comes to saying 'vagina' I'm really going to struggle. Is there any words you use in lieu of it to make it seem a bit friendlier? My husband came up with a few but they're even worse. I can't use 'Sausage Wallet'!

Please help!

longdiling Fri 20-Jan-17 08:07:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Snap8TheCat Fri 20-Jan-17 08:08:46

I leave it to the parents and just answer any questions that come up factually with the correct terminology.

SexTrainGlue Fri 20-Jan-17 08:21:54

OK, as you've posted in Home Childcare, are you nanny or, au pair, or if educating a proper old-fashioned governess? Guessing not the latter, because are unfair with this.

Have you actually discussed this with the DC's parents?

I think you need to tell then straight if you are not comfortable in dealing with this for your charges. However, if they are asking questions which are causing you increasing difficulty, telling the parents the exactly what they are asking about might help you jointly frame the way to handle it.

longdiling Fri 20-Jan-17 12:00:39

I just want to apologise for troll hunting. Having looked at your posting history Mumbongo it's abundantly clear that you are straight up and on the level. There isn't a single post that could be misconstrued as a wind up. How did 'patches' get to be MMA trained by the way? If he's that tough he cos probably handle you talking about vaginas.

MumBongo Fri 20-Jan-17 12:09:50

Cheers Londingaling! Means a lot!

I'd prefer not to discuss the MMA training he received. The person he went to see would be struck off for training a young child in such a deadly form of combat. I don't want to jeopardise his career for idle chit chat as you can probably appreciate.

I thank you for reading my posts too! Bet that was 10-15 minutes you'll never get back! I'm guessing that it might have given you a few crossed wires too? I'm not sure how my sons rigorous fighting ability has any influence on my ability to deliver a serious talk to him? There's no doubt he can handle it but the issue lies with me. Kind of ironic isn't it that you've read my posts but didn't read this one properly! I love Alanis Morrisette btw. Such a gifted musician. How we mused when we listened to that song for the first time "A free ride when you've already paid." Reminded us of a time back in '96 when we'd prebooked tickets on the Intercity back to Berks but then were offered a lift home by a neighbour who we saw at the spice girls gig. Great times.

Snap8TheCat Fri 20-Jan-17 12:43:14

I think you've posted in the wrong section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now