Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

New Job January - As good as in the past?

(5 Posts)
nannynick Wed 18-Jan-17 13:20:32

January has been the second most popular month to start a nanny job, in my limited research I did during the past 18mths.

This year there are nannies starting jobs this month but looking at job ads it seems quieter. Is that the case or are parents finding nannies in different ways to before, more use of online listings sites perhaps rather than using agencies?

Are you a parent who has employed a nanny to start this month - how did you recruit them? Did you find there were lots or few applicants?

Nannies looking for work - have you found lots of jobs being advertised, are agencies still popular or has online taken over?

NuffSaidSam Wed 18-Jan-17 19:36:38

childcare.co.uk went mad in the days after Christmas/start of January. I was getting more than 10 messages a day and my profile clearly states I'm not currently available!

nannynick Thu 19-Jan-17 06:38:09

10 messages a day and you were not even looking for work - impressive.
I didn't get any, so maybe depends on various factors, especially location.

Annie105 Fri 20-Jan-17 23:45:46

Hi there thought I'd respond to this. I've had lots of responses to a childcare ad from nannies and childminders. The couple of nannies I spoken to so far this week have said its really quiet out there at the moment ie no jobs. I live in central London too. Although I have to say 90 per cent of people who are responding aren't really tailoring their responses to my ad which means I'm pretty much discounting them straight away as its clear they are just copy and pasting to any ad which vaguely takes their fancy!

Are you looking for a new position nanny nick?

nannynick Sat 21-Jan-17 08:06:06

Thanks Annie.
Interesting that people you have talked with are saying it is quieter. I get that impression but I do wonder if it may be that more people are looking for work rather which makes it seem like that.

No, I am not actively looking for work. I have been in my current job for over 8 years and it seems to be continuing but you just don't know what is around the next corner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now