Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Buggies - What would you do if school banned buggies?

(14 Posts)
nannynick Fri 23-Feb-07 18:27:49

With reference to this thread: To be annoyed that the DSs' school is banning buggies from being brought inside?
Buggies are to be left in the shelter in the playground, and not brought into the school.

As childminders, would you go along with the school banning buggies, or would you moan?

Personally, I can see that a school may wish to ban buggies from being inside school buildings - due to Health & Safety issues such as blocking fire exits - but, if children are expected to be collected from Inside the school, then parents/carers should be able to do so, without having to leave children unattended in a buggy at some other location, or without having to remove younger children from buggies.

misdee Fri 23-Feb-07 18:30:12

no i wouldnt moan atall. i have tripped over buggies etc. dont see a problem qih removing a non-sn child from a buggy and taking them into school.

buggies not allowed inside dd1 school, but are in dd2 nu7rsery, and ista bloody nightmare!

misdee Fri 23-Feb-07 18:30:29

oops am not a CM, sorry!

StrawberrySnowflakes Fri 23-Feb-07 18:31:59

i cant get double buggy in nursery dorrs, so i get teacher to get dd whie i wait in dorrway!..sorry typing with bloody bittn hand, maskes typing hard

shosha Fri 23-Feb-07 18:34:50

Message withdrawn

dmo Fri 23-Feb-07 18:38:50

dont think buggys should be in school anyway
leave a big mess of the carpets and is a hazard
our school each class lines up in the playground and their teacher comes out to collect each line in
we dont have to go in the school if we dont want to

shosha Fri 23-Feb-07 18:41:23

Message withdrawn

crace Fri 23-Feb-07 18:42:17

I can definitely see why they might want one banned from the inside, but if they are expected to collect from the inside how can they ban them?? What are they meant to do, leave the children in their buggies outside??

We do pick ups outside in the playground, and while it may be a bit busy it works perfectly.

dmo Fri 23-Feb-07 18:43:44

in the eveining after school the nursery nurse stands at the gate and parents come onto the playgroung to collect their child

no child gets passed the nursery nurse without a parent

doormat Fri 23-Feb-07 18:44:06

I would applaud the school tbh

buggies are a pita

misdee Fri 23-Feb-07 18:50:35

coming back, when i have l;eft dd3 in a playground and dd2 as well in a double, i asked one of the other parents just to keep an eye on them for me.

badgerhead Fri 23-Feb-07 18:59:53

My school now its become a primary, instead of separate Infants & Juniors on two sites, is a lot easier than it used to be.
The Infants, inc Reception, are all in a brand new building which all the classrooms open to the outside so you just wait outside for the teacher/ta to send them out to you (reception) and they line up in their classes for y1&2 & then are released to the known parent/carer who is waiting outside in the playground.
With the Juniors they make their own way to wherever they know you will be waiting, in my case I move back to the footbridge/crossing.
However I would ask the school to bring the children to me if they wanted them collected from inside as I often have 3 under 5's, only one of whom walks & then up to another 6 children to collect from Infants & Juniors including dd2. Because of the numbers i walk the school run!

NuttyMuffins Fri 23-Feb-07 19:06:57

I don't think they are banned as such in our school, but then tbh the kids are collected from the playground in the morning and deposited back there in the afternoon so no need to take buggies in.

They aren't banned from nursery but IMO they need to be as it creates such a traffic jam when there are buggies parked in the corridor.

mykidzrmyworld Fri 23-Feb-07 21:11:22

ive never heard of parents having to go into schools to collect children maybe we are just strange in Wales
my local school has individual doors on the outside for parents to collect their child etc. Wouldnt think taking pushchairs into schools would be nice for the cleaners!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now