Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can an au pair work between 2 divorced parents

(4 Posts)
onewhoassociates Mon 16-Jan-17 13:50:44

As per the question above; I'm in the middle of such proceedings and am wondering when it's all over whether this can be the case.

Many thanks for any help.

Karoleann Mon 16-Jan-17 22:36:19

I don't think there's anything to legally prevent an au pair from moving between 2 households, but I suspect you may find it difficult to find one who would want to.
Au pairs live in and its unlikely that they would want to move all their things between different houses every week. Things are bound to be difficult with a divorce in the early stages and I can't imagine an au pair wanting to be part of that, different parents are going to have different expectations from their childcare and that would be difficult for a person who had just arrived from another country and was trying to settle in themselves.

It would depend on your set up (how far apart you live, distance to schools and how much time the children were sending with each parent).

An au pair for each house would probably be simpler

onewhoassociates Tue 17-Jan-17 06:46:20

Thanks for the reply. We will be selling and probably wouldn't be living that far from each other (less than 5 miles). School would likely be within the same sort of distance.

I'll just have to wait and see how things go in the divorce!

Oopsagain1 Mon 16-Oct-17 21:09:24

Hi, I'm finding myself in a similar situation but nowhere near any settlements yet. OWA, did you find an au pair in the end? How on earth did you word your profile?! I have no clue what to say and I feel guilty inviting someone into a potentially awkward situation...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now