Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Can i have some basic start up advice please x

(9 Posts)
pinkranger Thu 22-Feb-07 09:28:19

Hello everyone ,
I am a reuglar poster but new to the childminding threads, i am waiting to receive my registration cert so i can start minding. I have a 6 year old waiting to start which is great but have no one i know to ask the basic questions, ( shona has been great and helped me with some of my polices)

Firstly - i know that as soon as i have my Cert NCMA will issue me my public liabilty insurance but will i have to wait for my contracts? and if i do what do i do with the girl waitig to start , do i make up one as best as i can until they send some??

Meal planners - How do you lay these out, not sure what is best to do with these.

Oh it seems so scary now its becoming real!!!

Im sure there will be lots more questions from me xx

Thank you all xxx

shosha Thu 22-Feb-07 09:43:21

Message withdrawn

pinkranger Thu 22-Feb-07 09:47:07

you are a star ( my dh said you are a lovley person
for helping me) - shame you are not in Kent!!

Will my local NCMA lady tell me where to go to meet childminders x ( dont think mumsnet will come up )

would like someone to look at my folder and tell me whats missing if anything ,it isnt fancy at the mo but when i get more established i will "do it up a bit"

lstol@blueyonder.co.uk

xxxxx

shosha Thu 22-Feb-07 10:07:09

Message withdrawn

pinkranger Thu 22-Feb-07 10:12:47

i am going to ring the NCMA this afternoon to find out a few things , they did give me contact shall i ring her or just the office?

pinkranger Thu 22-Feb-07 10:13:06

sorry i am on MSN, not very often

StrawberrySnowflakes Thu 22-Feb-07 12:03:33

Hiya, you should have got a leaflet with a tearaway slip from ncma regarding thier insurance, i sent this off before i was reg with my reg number on(i dated the ins to start a month or two later, knowing i would be reg and working by then as i had someone lined up)
Meal planners ..i WILL draw up a menu, but for me at minute (only one mindee) i have all food in and ready to go so i ask what she would like..somedays she has full dinner, other days soup and a roll..i leave it up to her!

re the little girl who will be starting with you..get all her info ie: parents details, contact numbers, all health details-doctors name number address, etc etc..i have a form if you would like it emailed..the more info you have the better i find!.

good luck

ThePrisoner Thu 22-Feb-07 19:55:30

You don't have to have a written contract when a mindee starts.

charmedhay Thu 22-Feb-07 20:06:05

Hi there , If you look on the Bromley website you will find lots of policies and charts etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now