Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Would you stay or would you go?

(3 Posts)
Questionsanswers Fri 06-Jan-17 12:59:51

I am currently a childminder, running a very successful business. However I have been offered a premises in which to open a nursery. I am quite keen to do this however I am nervous about leaving a successful business to go into the unknown. I'm wondering how many of you out there would stay with your childminder in moving to the nursery with her or how many would look elsewhere for a different childminder? I understand people choose a childminder over a nursery for several reasons and vice versa, it's whether it's me they like or my setting lol. It's really hard to know what to do, I don't feel I can ask the parents direct yet as it's very early days and I don't want them to get nervous and move on if I decide not to go ahead. Any thoughts?

HSMMaCM Fri 06-Jan-17 13:29:21

I think you'll get a mixture. Some will stay with you because their children know you and others will leave, because they want a home environment.

HSMMaCM Fri 06-Jan-17 13:30:55

I considered it, but decided to stay at home. Lots of little benefits to being at home, as well as the mess and disruption.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now